Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

1 minute ago, Face said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-age-not-an-issue-for-cameron-wake-as-he-enters-free-agency

This is a great write up on him. PFF isn't the end all be all but they do a good job evaluating the front 7. 54 pressures in 284 rushes is just insane.

I do think they should watch his snaps though, whether that's Finch getting snaps  or maybe finding a big edge in the draft that can kick inside on 3rd down, like the Allen kid from BC.

If they some how pull of Simmons in the first and then another edge player in either 2 or 3, I think they'll have enough pass rush and rotation to really make Wake effective.  If they put him out there every single snap, it's a big risk.  To me, I feel similar to him as I do to Walker.  I know they're capable of it and if anyone can do it, those guys can but the age is scary.  There is risk here and there's no way to get around it.  

That's why you got a premium player for that price tag though.  I still think the risk is worth it just because the upside is big.  I just hope it pays off.  Cautiously optimistic with reservations on this one.

16 minutes ago, Justafan said:

What an idiot!!

Why would some front office bozo argue with Washburn about edge talent?  1million.  smdh.

Jeff Fisher held all that personel power in 2009. Mike Reinfeldt was GM in name only. Hell, Fisher interviewed him for the GM job. 

Edited by Tim

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, any remaining signings would be rotational or reserve players I would think, or competition for Kline at guard. 

There's an outside chance they could sign a veteran outside receiver for cheap, but I doubt it. 

I do think they'll be looking for a run down nose guard. 

Well they filled in some major holes so it'll be interesting how they approach the draft. I think at this point the heavy favorite would have to be interior DL. 

I think we're in a good spot to go BPA but Robinson really puts an emphasis on need in the 1st Rd. Edge is probably still an option as Wake was a short term investment.

You think they look at center or that's overkill for the IOL? I was a little surprised they didn't entertain Matt Paradis considering his price tag. I wonder if maybe they love Bradbury?

14 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

People on here bitch when we don't sign anyone they know,  and they bitch when we sign good players.  

Looks like to me he's addressed MAJOR needs with good players signed to reasonable deals. All these signings will be guys that make an immediate impact. That allows us a lot more leeway in the draft to take BPA.

23 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

Sorry people, but Jon Robinson had his 15 minutes and now it's over.... Of all the free agents out there and precious cap money, not to mention the gift Fisher gave this franchise a couple of drafts ago, you wonder why we can't get back to a Super Bowl.

I think JR has done a good job with the roster, but this all comes down to QB.  If MM turns the corner this year, all these moves will look brilliant because the team will be winning and winning a lot.  If not, then draft picks and FA pickups alike look like mediocre/bad moves.  The team is plenty good enough to win with good QB play.  Everyone knows this, and it's why all threads eventually become MM threads.

From my perspective, there's really not any heat on JR.  If MM turns into a healthy franchise QB, then we win now and everyone is happy.  If not, then JR gets to pick his QB and he only gets on the hot seat if his chosen QB fails.

I feel like OMAN made a hot take out of bold claim (that he's already walked back) and then a pretty obvious second part.

Part 1: I don't think JRob is in desperation mode or panicking.

Part 2: Yes, if the Titans have a losing season, which would be a step back, the GM will probably take some heat!

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

I don't think we'll see any more big name signings and I think they stay pat with Gabbert as backup QB.  Right now they are somewhere in the 25million (being a little generous) cap space remaining range and they would most likely still like to extend Byard.  

I can definitely see them bringing in some depth/bargain guys/ST players though and would be a little disappointed if they don't actually. 

I agree with you.  Except upgrading Gabbert.  I want to see MM play a full season, but it's doubtful.  We need a better backup and I think they will try to get one.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Robinson tried to sign Bouye, Butler got 5 years 61 mill, 30 guaranteed, around the same amount, same signing bonus and 4 mill more guaranteed. 

We simply do sign those people

But he didn’t sign Bouye, didn’t trade for Cooks, didn’t sign Gilmore. He doesn’t sign the top tier. He gets the second guy. Staffold will be the first top paid lineman in FA, which will be the first top paid position for Robinson. This is also the closest we’ve ever been to the cap. 

We we sign these people every year. We are also desperate. Yeah, neither is true or makes sense.