Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

42 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Robinson waited 3 years to pull this offseason. Just give him a golf clap at least. 

Robinson has been active since the day he was hired, trading for Murray, Kelly, trading all over the place in the draft and active in FA from the start. He didn't wait for this off season, he's done this every off season. 

He signed Rishard Matthews(The Pats were trying to get him too!), Ben Jones, Sly Williams, Logan Ryan, Cyprien, Decker, Butler, Lewis, Logan etc...

I'll clap when it translates in the win/loss column. Some of these signings worked out and were good players. I don't think he's done a bad job and I think he knows what he's doing. 

But if the Titans take a step back in 2019 and have an unsettled QB spot going into 2020 then yes he'll be under pressure. It's just the nature of the NFL. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Robinson has been active since the day he was hired, trading for Murray, Kelly, trading all over the place in the draft and active in FA from the start. He didn't wait for this off season, he's done this every off season. 

He signed Rishard Matthews(The Pats were trying to get him too!), Ben Jones, Sly Williams, Logan Ryan, Cyprien, Decker, Butler, Lewis, Logan etc...

I'll clap when it translates in the win/loss column. Some of these signings worked out and were good players. I don't think he's done a bad job and I think he knows what he's doing. 

But if the Titans take a step back in 2019 and have an unsettled QB spot going into 2020 then yes he'll be under pressure. It's just the nature of the NFL. 

Just admit that he attacked this off-season differently. I’m pretty sure he never signed a player in the first two days, now he has done so with 3. You’re wrong unless you would like to stick with your narrative he’s panicking. He also re-signed Vacarro. He obviously thinks more of the roster than you. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't think the Wake contract was "huge" but Staffold and Humphries absolutely were. Salary cap doesn't matter anyway. 

Humphries for example is a WR who was the 3rd or 4th option on a high volume passing team getting signed to be a starter and paid big money. I have no idea how he'll turn out but this is the formula in free agency that causes poor ROI

It's already been leaked that Humphries' deal is essentially a 1 yr, 12 million dollar year with team options at ~7/yr moving forward. Wake is almost certainly a 1 yr contract in reality, and it's highly likely Staffold is on the same type of deal that JR has signed essentially every other FA to - expensive early, with a way to escape after 1-2 years. 

FA is meant to patch holes, and those deals do exactly that. How are these panic moves? 

6 hours ago, Face said:

I don't get how so many are dying for Z'Darius Smith & are upset with this. Wake is an absolute monster & didn't slow down a bit last year. This is a great signing.

You have been clamoring for some of these quality older free agent bargains.  

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just admit that he attacked this off-season differently. I’m pretty sure he never signed a player in the first two days, now he has done so with 3. You’re wrong unless you would like to stick with your narrative he’s panicking. He also re-signed Vacarro. He obviously thinks more of the roster than you. 

Didn't he sign Butler right out of the gate last year and Logan Ryan the year before?  Not trying to be contrarian but those were pretty big signings.  Demarco Murray wasn't a huge out of the gate signing but it was a big trade that made a splash.  

9 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Didn't he sign Butler right out of the gate last year and Logan Ryan the year before?  Not trying to be contrarian but those were pretty big signings.  Demarco Murray wasn't a huge out of the gate signing but it was a big trade that made a splash.  

MaybeButler. Ryan was later on. It is very obvious Robinson has been more aggressive this year than any year in FA. Oman says it seems somewhat desperate. That’s ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

MaybeButler. Ryan was later on. It is very obvious Robinson has been more aggressive this year than any year in FA. Oman says it seems somewhat desperate. That’s ridiculous. 

Nah Ryan was day 1 and was a tier 1 FA

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think they know they have a huge decision coming up and they want to know if they can actually jump past that 9-7 hump or if they're gonna have to blow it all up.

To me, this tells me they are betting on Marcus.  

20 minutes ago, notsolegato said:

It's already been leaked that Humphries' deal is essentially a 1 yr, 12 million dollar year with team options at ~7/yr moving forward. Wake is almost certainly a 1 yr contract in reality, and it's highly likely Staffold is on the same type of deal that JR has signed essentially every other FA to - expensive early, with a way to escape after 1-2 years. 

FA is meant to patch holes, and those deals do exactly that. How are these panic moves? 

Exactly. The FA signings that aren’t in house are up front money we can cut. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He wasn’t tier 1. 

He was the 2nd ranked corner behind Bouye by plenty of sites. I was schocked we signed such a big time FA bc the Titans hadn’t signed a 10M/yr player in FA in forever. 

Edited by tgo

Anyone think a 10 mil guy is anything like a 15-16-17 mil guy? We simply don’t sign those people. Argue semantics. Bouye was the top tier guy, not Ryan. Robinson doesn’t operate like that. Butler was like Ryan, the second tier. Saffold isn’t. He’s the top tier. 

FWIW, both Saffold and Humphries signings are fundamentally 2-year deals with low dead money buyouts at the end of the first two years.

IMHO, Robinson hasn't been particularly good, but he is aggressive, and he is quick to correct his mistakes. That's something.

Titans have a lot to like on the defensive side of the ball.  Nice blend of young talent and veterans. I may overvalue Landry, Brown, Evans and Finch,

but I like their potential anchored by Woodyard.

If Conklin bounces back this season, the offensive line should be very good. I want the skill position players (all of em including the one that can't be mentioned in every thread) to be as good as hoped. 

Unpopular as it may be, I tend to agree with Oman on the Robinson warming seat. I think Amy Adams is wholly committed to him. That said, his drafts and his free agent decisions have been wildly inconsistent. 

Time defines.