Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

It's odd that a lot of people have expressed concern that Delaine might slow down at age 34, then have zero concern about Cameron Wake at age 37.  When we sign a player, he's the greatest.  If we miss signing a player we have been raving about, aw he isn't that good and got too much money.  It's not even logical that could repeatedly be right.  Like LeFleur, he wasn't that good, made a lot of mistakes.  But somehow, he gets a premiere HC gig.  

Same thing with posts.  You say what the people I suck up to say, you are a genius.  You say something different, you are stupid.  Juvenile.  

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

16 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's odd that a lot of people have expressed concern that Delaine might slow down at age 34, then have zero concern about Cameron Wake at age 37.  When we sign a player, he's the greatest.  If we miss signing a player we have been raving about, aw he isn't that good and got too much money.  It's not even logical that could repeatedly be right.  Like LeFleur, he wasn't that good, made a lot of mistakes.  But somehow, he gets a premiere HC gig.  

Same thing with posts.  You say what the people I suck up to say, you are a genius.  You say something different, you are stupid.  Juvenile.  

There are plenty of posts noting his age. He was still very productive last year against the pass and run and hopefully can continue to do so for at least a year. It’s basically going to be a one year deal with team options after that. 

6 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Wake isn't coming off a serious injury like Walker.

True, but that wasn't the reasoning totally.  It's been his age.  People say that all the time about football players when they reach a certain age.  Tom Brady is an example, people have been saying that about him.  But if the Titans signed him...

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

There are plenty of posts noting his age. He was still very productive last year against the pass and run and hopefully can continue to do so for at least a year. It’s basically going to be a one year deal with team options after that. 

I like the signing.

53 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I think instead of a personal attack toward me, the community would be better served if you explained your own take on things.

This forum is littered with my take on things. It’s not a personal attack. I’m attacking what you think about the team. You seem to either parrot what’s popular amongst those who slightly differ from the general perception, or your ideas seem to have no logical reasoning. 

Maybe ill eventually agree with you on something. Just like with everyone else on this forum, if I disagree, I’ll let you know. 

18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

True, but that wasn't the reasoning totally.  It's been his age.  People say that all the time about football players when they reach a certain age.  Tom Brady is an example, people have been saying that about him.  But if the Titans signed him...

nah.. its mostly the injury... AT THIS AGE. 

also, wake played like 45% of the snaps. They want Delanie in for 80%

I'm not a huge fan of the wake signing in that I dont expect a game changer...  but he will serve his purpose. Its pretty obvious to me that we got him to be a strictly situational pass rusher , to mentor the young guys, and to not take away too many valuable reps from them... then has a contract where we can move the fuck on pretty soon if need be. 

because of who he is and what position he plays, he came at a cost. 

but who better to mentor Landry/Evans/Finch on the finer points of pass rush??

Edited by titanruss

37 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Cameron Wake is also not coming off an injury that kept him out for the year. We have no idea what we will get back with Delanie. I’m hopeful he returns to form, but you have to prepare for the worst. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

This forum is littered with my take on things. It’s not a personal attack. I’m attacking what you think about the team. You seem to either parrot what’s popular amongst those who slightly differ from the general perception, or your ideas seem to have no logical reasoning. 

Maybe ill eventually agree with you on something. Just like with everyone else on this forum, if I disagree, I’ll let you know. 

No problem.  But in two posts you have said nothing about the team, only me.  Post your ideas.

9 minutes ago, titanruss said:

nah.. its mostly the injury... AT THIS AGE. 

also, wake played like 45% of the snaps. They want Delanie in for 80%

I'm not a huge fan of the wake signing in that I dont expect a game changer...  but he will serve his purpose. Its pretty obvious to me that we got him to be a strictly situational pass rusher , to mentor the young guys, and to not take away too many valuable reps from them... then has a contract where we can move the fuck on pretty soon if need be. 

because of who he is and what position he plays, he came at a cost. 

but who better to mentor Landry/Evans/Finch on the finer points of pass rush??

He’s perfect in my opinion. Watching his play he actually got better as the year went on. He still has speed, but my favorite part of the signing is how his moves have changed to use strength to hit that edge. He will do wonders for Landry’s strength moves while helping Finch with his get off and Evans with his hand usuage. If he produces maybe we bring him back next year. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

It's odd that a lot of people have expressed concern that Delaine might slow down at age 34, then have zero concern about Cameron Wake at age 37.  

Actually people weren't keen when the signing was first announced and as the thread continued it got better and better

It's like the tweet someone posted, free agency is more exciting than the playoff games

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Actually people weren't keen when the signing was first announced and as the thread continued it got better and better

It's like the tweet someone posted, free agency is more exciting than the playoff games

Are you still on the looks like desperation mode for Robinson? He didn’t hand out a single huge contract. 

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Are you still on the looks like desperation mode for Robinson? He didn’t hand out a single huge contract. 

I don't think the Wake contract was "huge" but Staffold and Humphries absolutely were. Salary cap doesn't matter anyway. 

Humphries for example is a WR who was the 3rd or 4th option on a high volume passing team getting signed to be a starter and paid big money. I have no idea how he'll turn out but this is the formula in free agency that causes poor ROI

34 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't think the Wake contract was "huge" but Staffold and Humphries absolutely were. Salary cap doesn't matter anyway. 

Humphries for example is a WR who was the 3rd or 4th option on a high volume passing team getting signed to be a starter and paid big money. I have no idea how he'll turn out but this is the formula in free agency that causes poor ROI

It really isn’t. We aren’t handicapping ourselves in any way. We can still sign Byard. We’ll have to deal with Mariota next year. Staffold was the 4th-8th ranked guard in the league by every metric. Humphries is a guy who lines up with an 11 personnel offense (surprise!) perfectly with Marcus. We didn’t overpay for either of them, and our cap situation looks nothing like the Jags. Robinson waited 3 years to pull this offseason. Just give him a golf clap at least.