Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Relax papa smurf. I'm not huston but hes not wrong, Butler played well as the season went along. 

He actually had the best pass rating against the 2'd half of the year, it was like 32. He was a huge reason the D improved so much last year. While the LBers & other guys deservedly for credit, Butler was totally overlooked.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

12 minutes ago, Face said:

I don't get how so many are dying for Z'Darius Smith & are upset with this. Wake is an absolute monster & didn't slow down a bit last year. This is a great signing.

I was on board for Z smith because of all of Dean Pees talk about how complicated this defense is on the OLB's.  Wasnt overly invested into the idea but it made sense.  

Im stoked we got Wake though.  Ive had a total bromance with him since i watched him literally destroy the entire CFL during his time here -  was bummed when i heard we were one of the teams initially interested in signing him from the CFL and missed out.  Like i said previously though...better late then never.  Lol

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s because he is older and and not the flashy big name. 

On paper, this has been a SLAM DUNK off-season for JRob so far. 

If this is him in “panic mode,” then maybe that imaginary hot seat should always be hot. 

I dont think the board realizes how dominant a player Wake is. He's also great against the run. He probably can't play as many snaps as he used to but he's a pro bowl level player when healthy.

1 minute ago, VanCityTitan said:

I was on board for Z smith because of all of Dean Pees talk about how complicated this defense is on the OLB's.  Wasnt overly invested into the idea but it made sense.  

Im stoked we got Wake though.  Ive had a total bromance with him since i watched him literally destroy the entire CFL during his time here -  was bummed when i heard we were one of the teams initially interested in signing him from the CFL and missed out.  Like i said previously though...better late then never.  Lol

For some reason I remember us being the last team & losing out to Miami. Maybe I'm wrong. But man how dominant would he be in Schwartz's scheme?

2 minutes ago, Face said:

I dont think the board realizes how dominant a player Wake is. He's also great against the run. He probably can't play as many snaps as he used to but he's a pro bowl level player when healthy.

I agree with this. I forgot how dominant he was. I’m hopeful his production continues to be solid with situational rushing purposes. 

As another poster noted, I think this move says a lot about what they think of Landry and Finch. 

8 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Looks like Wake played on 44.9% of snaps last season, but he also missed 2 games due to arthroscopic surgery on his knee to remove some cartilage.

The normal timeline for recover from that surgery is four weeks and it only took him 2 which seems good. He immediately came back and played 58% of snaps in his first game back.

If you just look at the games he played in he played 54% of the snaps.

I doubt he sees that many.

14 minutes ago, Face said:

I don't get how so many are dying for Z'Darius Smith & are upset with this. Wake is an absolute monster & didn't slow down a bit last year. This is a great signing.

10 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I think Z Smith is this year's Malik Jackson/Vernon. He'll be cut/traded in a few years. Way way overpaid for what he's actually worth. Good player, but I don't see difference maker.

Agree that Z Smith is a good player NOT a great player. So glad we didn't overpay when we can get the same production  with a cheaper guy. JRob did his homework and came away with a good player that doesn't hurt the cap too much.One thing about JRob he knows his stuff.........

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I posted earlier that Robinson was facing pressure this season, a losing season and/or Mariota flaming out and he's not looking too good. 

This off season so far looks like a bit of a panic to me. 

I think JRob knows our QB situation is too unstable to shoot for a championship   An elite PR is the second most expensive player a team like the Titans would sign.  I think he holding off on the final pieces.  We could wind up like Jacksonville and be forced to let players go in the middle of the run.  The Jags should have been gunning for the SB last year as good as they looked in 2017, but ended up benching Bortles. JRob probably feels his seat heating up because this team isn't performing at the level it should at this point.  He pulled off the huge trade, but the picks haven't been exceptional.

The Titans got into the playoffs in 2017, then another 9-7 record was not enough.  Now, Indy is back and has a ton of money.  The Texans have found their QB and are back in the hunt.  Meanwhile, the Titans are still having trouble getting butts in every seat @Nissan.  Wake is a familiar name and I guess they figured the average fan would look at the signing as a game changer.

I think a big move in the first round is still a possibility.

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I think JRob knows our QB situation is too unstable to shoot for a championship   An elite PR is the second most expensive player a team like the Titans would sign.  I think he holding off on the final pieces.  We could wind up like Jacksonville and be forced to let players go in the middle of the run.  The Jags should have been gunning for the SB last year as good as they looked in 2017, but ended up benching Bortles. JRob probably feels his seat heating up because this team isn't performing at the level it should at this point.  He pulled off the huge trade, but the picks haven't been exceptional.

The Titans got into the playoffs in 2017, then another 9-7 record was not enough.  Now, Indy is back and has a ton of money.  The Texans have found their QB and are back in the hunt.  Meanwhile, the Titans are still having trouble getting butts in every seat @Nissan.  Wake is a familiar name and I guess they figured the average fan would look at the signing as a game changer.

I think a big move in the first round is still a possibility.

Do you ever really know what you’re talking about? You seem to have zero pulse on this team. 

51 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Do you ever really know what you’re talking about? You seem to have zero pulse on this team. 

I think instead of a personal attack toward me, the community would be better served if you explained your own take on things.

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

My look at these offseason moves?

• This doesn't seem like a panic to me at all.

• I don't see how we're sacrificing our future and going all in on Mariota or something.

• We made a smart move in acquiring a couple of pieces that will help Mariota definitively sink or swim. 

• But both those moves are still great moves, even if we have another QB next year.

• A waste, or going all-in like the Rams, would be bringing in an Odell Beckham Jr. or Antonio Brown.

• The fact we got an interior lineman who is best at run-blocking and a chain-moving slot receiver shows me we've hedged our bets on how we'll play this year.

• On defense, it needed a vet, especially if we draft more youth high. Wake is a pro.

• I don't believe we've wasted our future on a Mariota run. We've given a 9-7 team and it's QB just enough to prove what they have.

Exactly right.  If the QB position gets resolved, then JRob will start to go all in.