Titans sign DE Cameron Wake.

heyitsmeallen

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Of course you didn't. You're seriously the biggest homer on this board and that's saying something

And there it is lol, your so jaded by being let down by this team you see everything in a negative light and think you can do better.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, I miss the good ole' days when we carried 60 million + of cap space into the season with a roster riddled with holes. 

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of

Wake is just a one year rental to bridge the gap for the youth to step up. Doesn’t affect the cap long term overall and can play to start the season.    Seems like an ideal signing as spendi

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

We like the signings every year, all the fans do. 

I think a couple of these are pretty "safe" though (Vaccaro + Saffold). Saffold has played at a pretty high level since moving to G. And injuries aside, Vaccaro should improve. I think Humphries is the one I'm most leery of.  The thing with Wake is age and not really performance related.  As long as they manage his snaps well, he should be ok.

1 hour ago, Doogie said:

I wouldn't say that. 

I remember alot were hesitant on Cyprien,  Sly Williams, and even Butler last year. 

Exactly people complain about the bad signings they just dont dwell on them like some.

Edited by Huston

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Lol yes. Dude has been on the nickel is a starter kick for years. Good stuff.

In all seriouness Butler was really good the 2nd half of the year even if he played mostly nickel. 

The nickel plays 65+% of the snaps, Yea that's pretty much a starter, do you disagree with this?

Do you think Butler was suddenly the 3rd CB because he was so good? Did they put Jackson on the opposing #1 WRs because Butler was really good? 

YEESSSS!  Dream come true....Ill take it even though its about 10 years late. 

Think he'll be great in a heavy rotation at OLB.  I like how the Ravens limited suggs snaps last year and kept him fresh all season long-hopefully the titans take a similat approach with Wake.

37 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Robinson is not in any type of jeopardy. He fixed a franchise that had been a doormat for a decade. And he is not the GM who drafted Mariota. No way should a GM who flipped the culture, added a ton of talent to the roster, and has led the franchise to its first three straight winning years since being in TN in jeopardy.

Everything in Oman's world hinges on being right about Mariota. Nevermind JRob wasn't even the one who drafted him...

18 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

These newer younger GMs are not building for the future. They load up and try to win right now. Look at the Rams, traded for Cooks, signed Suh and tried to trade for Mack. 

Typically teams that come out of the gate with a lot of moves are not playing late into the playoffs and the signings often do not equate to success, including a lot of Robinson free agent signings. Sylvester Williams, Butler(has to be considered FA flop one year in), Lewis, Cypien, Kline...... Some of those are terrible. 

We'll see 

Lol. Yeah, we will see. 

Thus far, this post is a big “yikes” from me. 

Just now, NashvilleNinja said:

Everything in Oman's world hinges on being right about Mariota. Nevermind JRob wasn't even the one who drafted him...

Marcus haunts him for some reason, everything is related to him in his world.

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

These newer younger GMs are not building for the future. They load up and try to win right now. Look at the Rams, traded for Cooks, signed Suh and tried to trade for Mack. 

We'll see 

Youth is great, and it's almost always the answer in the long term.

But we saw last year what happens without a veteran or two in a position group, and with Rak retired and Morgan gone, the kids on the edge need a leader.

Two or three years from now Landry or another of today's young guys will be ready to step into the role of mentor and tone setter.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

They'll def try and get Landry, Casey and Wake rushing the passer in known situations. There is no doubt Wake will be more disruptive than Morgan and Orapko, assuming he can stay on the field 

Pees kept repeating he wants to be able to get pressure with 4 this year. 

22 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Typically teams that come out of the gate with a lot of moves are not playing late into the playoffs and the signings often do not equate to success, including a lot of Robinson free agent signings. Sylvester Williams, Butler(has to be considered FA flop one year in), Lewis, Cypien, Kline...... Some of those are terrible. 

We'll see 

So re-signing role players, a slot receiver, an LG, and a 37 year old rotational DE is "loading up?"

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Y'all gonna start crying if this thread turns into more Mariota discussion, be careful. I never brought him up in this thread 

And yes his 2k+ yards and 11 TDs really haunted me this season. Looks like Mularkey held him back 

You guys still wondering about the money?

itans agreed to terms with OLB Cameron Wake, formerly of the Dolphins, on a three-year, $23 million contract.

Considering Wake just turned 37, it is unlikely he actually sees all three years of the deal, but it does include $10 million guaranteed. Wake is not a long-term fix for the Titans' pass-rushing issues, but he remains an excellent rusher who should more than adequately fill the hole opposite Harold Landry in the short term. Even with Wake on board, it would not be surprising if the Titans selected a pass rusher early in the draft.