Titans Re-signing Pamphile

Jonboy

Pleasantly surprised we got him back with the Falcons trying to get him. Could actually compete with Kline at guard and would also be the 2nd swing OT. Plays all 5 spots. 

With Pamphile, Kelly, and Levin on the roster offensive line depth is pretty much set. Hell if Kline doesnt get his act straight and Levin improves he could knock Kline out of the lineup. Same goes for Pamphile. 

9 minutes ago, Doogie said:

With Pamphile, Kelly, and Levin on the roster offensive line depth is pretty much set. Hell if Kline doesnt get his act straight and Levin improves he could knock Kline out of the lineup. Same goes for Pamphile. 

I still think we draft an OL in the 4th or 5th round. I wouldn't put it out of doubt that Jones/Kline could be cut if they struggle in Training Camp/Pre-Season. We also have Stinnie and Marz on the team as well that will battle for spots. A lot of people raved about Stinnie in Pre-Season last year.

Just now, titanskick8851 said:

I still think we draft an OL in the 4th or 5th round. I wouldn't put it out of doubt that Jones/Kline could be cut if they struggle in Training Camp/Pre-Season. 

Idk. The depth is there with Pamphile, Levin, and Kelly. I think they draft if they are confident the rookie is going to replace Jones or Kline. Perhaps they have hope Levin will replace Kline this year? We shall see. 

3 hours ago, SirLanceALot said:

Ben Jones is in the last year of his contract. What is his cap hit? I thought Levin did a good job last year at center and could compete for the starting job or just cut Jones and save some more cap space. 

I honestly figured they may be looking at all options as far as center. Definitely could use an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I still think we draft an OL in the 4th or 5th round. I wouldn't put it out of doubt that Jones/Kline could be cut if they struggle in Training Camp/Pre-Season. We also have Stinnie and Marz on the team as well that will battle for spots. A lot of people raved about Stinnie in Pre-Season last year.

11 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

I honestly figured they may be looking at all options as far as center. Definitely could use an upgrade. 

I think we still go draft there mid-rounds but are done in FA with the oline.  I could see us getting a premier C if he falls to us and is a scheme fit but doubt seriously we'd trade up for it... FWIW we've only got 1 true C on the roster. 

We've got 6 G with a realistic shot to be on the team now... and a couple of those guys have some C experience but no true Centers...

still,  thats enough for some serious competition if we draft a mid-round C and have a battle for the C/RG starting spots. 

Archived