Why Kline over Spain?

TheBukafax

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Spain is way better than the turn-stile that is Kline. What I think is irrelevant though. The FO clearly doesn't think that and I trust them enough to take their analysis at face value. It suc

I dont think Kline spot is as safe as we think with Pamp resigning.

The first 12 seconds of this clip by Baldy is why Spain was the first to go. I don't know what PFF's criteria is, or what people here were looking at all season, but this happened too often, and

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

In another thread? 

Yes.  He pointed it out.  I alluded to it in the post previous to the one you talked about in this thread but I wasn't very clear.

I don't think his roster spot is safe just because his salary is guaranteed but it makes it much more likely.  Jones, is the more likely cut candidate if anything.  

Regardless, the point is the same.  I hope they draft a guy in the fourth or so, so they can solidify the line going forward.  

Just now, Justafan said:

Yes.  He pointed it out.  I alluded to it in the post previous to the one you talked about in this thread but I wasn't very clear.

I don't think his roster spot is safe just because his salary is guaranteed but it makes it much more likely.  Jones, is the more likely cut candidate if anything.  

Regardless, the point is the same.  I hope they draft a guy in the fourth or so, so they can solidify the line going forward.  

I had to do the same turnabout when seeing his salary was guaranteed. I think Jones deserves to be on the roster over Kline, but the way it could unfold if we draft Bradbury makes that unlikely. 

I think we we roll with what we have. Kline and Jones finally looked the part the last few weeks once Kelly solidified the right side and they became more comfortable. Keep Jones helping Kline for the most part and chip that right side. We could easily be a top 5 line (we should be with the investment) if Saffold is the real deal and can man his spot in pass protection. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I had to do the same turnabout when seeing his salary was guaranteed. I think Jones deserves to be on the roster over Kline, but the way it could unfold if we draft Bradbury makes that unlikely. 

I think we we roll with what we have. Kline and Jones finally looked the part the last few weeks once Kelly solidified the right side and they became more comfortable. Keep Jones helping Kline for the most part and chip that right side. We could easily be a top 5 line (we should be with the investment) if Saffold is the real deal and can man his spot in pass protection. 

Yea, the reason I talked about a 4th round pick is that I'm not sold Kline is justifiable long term and Ben Jones is a FA next year.  If Kline struggles, Pamphile could be an option as well.  They got plenty of options here but every year teams find quality linemen in middle rounds.  Quality edge rushers go early and that's why I want a penetrating DT or high-quality edge player at 19 and then wait.  Bradbury is a great prospect but I hope they go in another direction.  

I could probably be sold on Hockenson too.  It really depends on what they plan to do offense wise.  Mularkey used one TE almost exclusively so it really wouldn't make sense to draft a TE unless you were confident Delanie was done.  Maybe they plan on running more 2 TE sets or letting Delanie push out into the slot and run 4WR sets with a second TE inline.  

No idea what they are thinking.  I love the idea of a dominant TE but it just makes more sense to look elsewhere early IMO.  

Just now, ChemEngr79 said:

Kline just got cut. ☺

Good call.  Levin's still not ready to start at C.  My guess is they draft someone early.  I guess we'll see.  Jrob is doing some work this offseason.  

The first 12 seconds of this clip by Baldy is why Spain was the first to go.

I don't know what PFF's criteria is, or what people here were looking at all season, but this happened too often, and it's why Spain is gone. 

Yes he demolishes two guys later in the clip, and no one get's a free shot, but he's the one that allows the pocket to get collapsed before it gets to that point.

He is the first guy in Mariota's lap, and cuts off any chance of the QB stepping up.  He gives too much ground before he sets himself.

And you may notice, the rest of the pocket holds up pretty well.  It is Spain and his guy that move Marcus off his spot and force the reset.

Edited by TitanDuckFan