Why Kline over Spain?

TheBukafax

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Spain is way better than the turn-stile that is Kline. What I think is irrelevant though. The FO clearly doesn't think that and I trust them enough to take their analysis at face value. It suc

I dont think Kline spot is as safe as we think with Pamp resigning.

The first 12 seconds of this clip by Baldy is why Spain was the first to go. I don't know what PFF's criteria is, or what people here were looking at all season, but this happened too often, and

6 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Spain is clearly superior. Why did they choose to keep Kline and over Spain?

Definitely not 'clearly superior' or they wouldn't have kept Kline over him.

Spain had to be pulled out of a game he was so bad.

Edited by japan

It's their contract status.  Spain was a free agent.  Kline has part of his 2019 base guaranteed.  But it's not over by a long shot yet.  You could make an argument that Kline is the weakest link of all the starters.  The remainder of his 2019 base gets fully guaranteed in 5 days, btw.

It's in large part a $$ thing. Kline still has 3 years left on his contract. If they cut him now, they'd have to eat $3.5 million of his salary. If they cut him next year, number drops to $1 million.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's their contract status.  Spain was a free agent.  Kline has part of his 2019 base guaranteed.  But it's not over by a long shot yet.  You could make an argument that Kline is the weakest link of all the starters.  The remainder of his 2019 base gets fully guaranteed in 5 days, btw.

Kline had some bad games, but with Saffold coming into LG, there's really no room for Spain. It's best to let him find a new home elsewhere. This might be his last contract. 

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Kline also didn't have a healthy, elite tackle covering for his fuckups like Spain did.

7 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I think Spain is way better than the turn-stile that is Kline. What I think is irrelevant though. The FO clearly doesn't think that and I trust them enough to take their analysis at face value. It sucks to disagree but in the end you gotta just trust the people who see these guys every single day. I'm over pining for Spain but I still want Kline replaced despite his contract indicating he isn't going anywhere. Kline sucks. 

Its the contract plain and simple. Only @japan believes Kline is better than Spain. 

Edited by oldschool

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its the contract plain and simple. Only @japan believes Kline is better than Spain. 

Right but I'm not sure Kline gets paid if the FO thought Spain was better. Maybe I missed something in how that all went down. I think @tgo prefers Kline to Spain as well though I'm not positive about that.