Official Titans 2019 FA Signings

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, tgo said:

Humphries is the best signing of the 3 imo

The Titans needed a slot receiver badly, they had no one. That's a plus

But he's set up to be the biggest disappointment

We know why

Soxcat   

Mariota might throw a bunch of times over Humphries head (to the other team) but my guess is Humphries will still get a decent number of receptions (maybe a few yards in front of the 1st down).

Justafan   
2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Also feels like something could happen with Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, and/or Wesley Woodyard. 

- Ryan's cap number is over $10 million this year (I'd look to extend him now).

- Woodyard's is over $4 million and there's no dead money if we cut him (maybe ask him to rework his deal?)

- Jones counts over $5 million against the cap and there's very little dead money with cutting him outright (rework here as well?)

They should probably move on from Kline, but cutting him now would be $3.5 million in dead money. They would pick up a little over $3 million in space by cutting him though.

I could very easily see them drafting an ILB and a Center and then cutting Woodyard or Jones if they lose an honest battle in camp.  

OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Also feels like something could happen with Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, and/or Wesley Woodyard. 

- Ryan's cap number is over $10 million this year (I'd look to extend him now).

- Woodyard's is over $4 million and there's no dead money if we cut him (maybe ask him to rework his deal?)

- Jones counts over $5 million against the cap and there's very little dead money with cutting him outright (rework here as well?)

They should probably move on from Kline, but cutting him now would be $3.5 million in dead money. They would pick up a little over $3 million in space by cutting him though.

I think losing Ryan would be a big blow. Jackson isn't where we would have hoped by now and who the hell knows with Butler. I would def extend Ryan is possible. 

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodyard cut. Evans and Brown are the primary ILBs and they still have Compton as depth. 

If Kline and Conklin don't make big jumps the OL could be a problem 

tgo   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

I think losing Ryan would be a big blow. Jackson isn't where we would have hoped by now and who the hell knows with Butler. I would def extend Ryan is possible. 

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodyard cut. Evans and Brown are the primary ILBs and they still have Compton as depth. 

If Kline and Conklin don't make big jumps the OL could be a problem 

Compton is a free agent. 

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Compton is a free agent. 

They could easily ask Woodyard to take another pay cut. It's amazing he was still going so strong so long after the last pay cut

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, ctm said:

Bates is the guy in real danger.  He's got a 2M base and only 166K in dead money.

He's a dead man walking

Jonboy   
1 hour ago, ctm said:

Bates is the guy in real danger.  He's got a 2M base and only 166K in dead money.

Yep, forgot to mention that one. Very little chance he plays out the year on that deal. He’ll take a pay cut...or be cut. 

Huston   

He's is where I am on the Humphries signing, knows shite about the draft though.

Edited by Huston

TWR   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

He's a dead man walking

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Yep, forgot to mention that one. Very little chance he plays out the year on that deal. He’ll take a pay cut...or be cut. 

While he could be cut just based on roster #s, his contract Is basically the same it was in 18. He’s one of our best ST guys and a leader of those units. Just as a capable as a 5th ILB as Compton would be. Depends on what they do in the remainder of the off season, but they may value Bates ST’s ability enough to keep him.