• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same!

Bates and the Titans    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ctm said:

Bates is the guy in real danger.  He's got a 2M base and only 166K in dead money.

Yep, forgot to mention that one. Very little chance he plays out the year on that deal. He’ll take a pay cut...or be cut. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

He's a dead man walking

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Yep, forgot to mention that one. Very little chance he plays out the year on that deal. He’ll take a pay cut...or be cut. 

While he could be cut just based on roster #s, his contract Is basically the same it was in 18. He’s one of our best ST guys and a leader of those units. Just as a capable as a 5th ILB as Compton would be. Depends on what they do in the remainder of the off season, but they may value Bates ST’s ability enough to keep him. 

21 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Why?

So you can replace Byard with him?

Sorry Rein, but that makes no sense whatsoever.  Safety wasn't the problem.  Especially with KV re-signed.

I was really just being facetious Duck... Hard to make that kind of pun without being misunderstood on this board.

15 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

I was really just being facetious Duck... Hard to make that kind of pun without being misunderstood on this board.

Lotsa jokes flyin' about that one, so I shoulda known I guess.

Like someone said, we wanted a veteran, but we didn't know it would be a WWII veteran.

That's a classic right there!

18 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Lotsa jokes flyin' about that one, so I shoulda known I guess.

Like someone said, we wanted a veteran, but we didn't know it would be a WWII veteran.

That's a classic right there!

Can you explain to me why the great Jon Robinson shelled out almost $9M per year for a fifth option receiver in Humphries when Woodyard is only making $2.56 per season average??? The sheer logic behind this idiotic move and decision making???

Oh, yeah... And had "second thoughts" about signing with the Titans - apparently.

By the by - I'm sure you and I already know the answer.

Edited by TitanRein27

38 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

Can you explain to me why the great Jon Robinson shelled out almost $9M per year for a fifth option receiver in Humphries when Woodyard is only making $2.56 per season average??? The sheer logic behind this idiotic move and decision making???

Oh, yeah... And had "second thoughts" about signing with the Titans - apparently.

Well, the last time I checked, there wasn't a bidding war for Woodyard's services.  And the "second thoughts" story has turned out to be bullshit.

What Woodyard is willing to work for, and what AAS pays him is between him, his agent and the FO. 

I will say this much, however,...

There is NO TROPHY for winning the "Under The Cap" sweepstakes.  Bragging about having the most cap room is a waste of time if you're perennially stuck at 8-8 or 9-7.

So, a good GM makes deals.  Hopefully deals that result in more production and won't hurt too bad to get out of if the player doesn't pan out, and they need to go away.

But even if you're great at drafting and build a contender on rookie contracts, when those come due for renewal you're gonna have to pay up, or let them walk and go find the next one.

1 hour ago, TitanRein27 said:

Humphries is younger than Woodyard and has more productive years ahead of him.

Humphries contract reflects 2019 prices and not one that is several years old like Woodyard's.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic