SirLanceALot

Titans to Sign Rodger Saffold

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

...oh come now. Get the stick out of your ass. 

I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought it was a good gesture on Lewan's part; and he and Spain are good buddies both on and off the field.

29 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought it was a good gesture on Lewan's part; and he and Spain are good buddies both on and off the field.

well it was easy since spain is gone. 

Justafan   
5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I mean, I get it.  He's reasoning that they could cut Jones and bring in Bradbury and Saffold's salary makes it easier to drop Jones.  I disagree though, I think they have the money and they want veterans protecting Marcus and giving him the best chance to succeed this year.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if they draft a C but I don't think it is at 19 but rather to replace Ben Jones when his contract expires.  Look for a day 3 guy around the 4th round.  That's my guess.  

Edited by Justafan

AvgJoe   

If the edge guy or TE/WR we want is gone, it makes all the sense in the world to draft a C like Bradbury. Why pick the 6th best Edge just to pick an edge when you can take the #1 C? 

I mean if someone like Burns falls....take him. You like Metcalf? Take him. But please don’t try and make a Ferrell work because he is an edge. That’s how you end up with Kevin Dodd.

Edited by AvgJoe

AvgJoe   
39 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I guess it depends on how good the #6 edge player is.  If they really want to give Mariota every last chance to succeed I'd go after Hokenson before a C. 

Hockenson we agree on. I’ve been very transparent he is #1 IMO if he is available. Or Fant.

tgo   
1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

If the edge guy or TE/WR we want is gone, it makes all the sense in the world to draft a C like Bradbury. Why pick the 6th best Edge just to pick an edge when you can take the #1 C? 

I mean if someone like Burns falls....take him. You like Metcalf? Take him. But please don’t try and make a Ferrell work because he is an edge. That’s how you end up with Kevin Dodd.

Just because a player is the 6th best edge or 3rd best DL doesn't mean that they're not a better overall player or more impactful player than the best interior OL. 

Not saying they're not, but it's not just a given. 

Cyrus   

The Titans have no idea who will be there, and therefore likely don't know who they will pick. Right now they're mostly giving themselves options. I'm sure they have plenty of preferences, and could trade up or down, but nothing suggests that they've used FA to narrow down their pick to one guy.

18 hours ago, Doogie said:

Guess its OLB high in the draft 

I'm guessing Dline unless they address that before the draft, then OLB.

Mythos27   

I fully expect Conklin to play at at least pro bowl level this year. If we can upgrade Jones, Kline, or both, we're going to be a scary team in the playoffs. 

Soxcat   
15 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

The Titans have no idea who will be there, and therefore likely don't know who they will pick. Right now they're mostly giving themselves options. I'm sure they have plenty of preferences, and could trade up or down, but nothing suggests that they've used FA to narrow down their pick to one guy.

I'd say an Edge player would be high on their preference list but yea, could be anything from IOL, DL, Edge, TE or even WR.  Just depends on who drops to us.