Titans to Sign Rodger Saffold

SirLanceALot

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This is another stupid gotcha moment that is pervasive in today's world. Saffold had to get to the 2nd level and get a much quicker defender than he. The LB made a nice move and dipped under the block. Its like watching a single INT from a good Qb and going "see this guy sucks". The better way to judge him would be to watch the entire game and see how many times he gets beat. For instance let's say he makes that block 5/6 times and the other 5 times the RB gets a total of 30 yards. Wouldn't we all say he did his job? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Saffold because he has to play better. I'm attacking the stupid lowlight highlight culture we live in.

Oh STFU.

The video nine posted is full of those whiffs, most of which resulted in Saffold's guy dropping Henry early.

It's zone blocking.  Saffold is responsible for clearing out whoever is in his zone, and he's not getting it done.

He's JRob's biggest bust to date.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Oh STFU.

The video nine posted is full of those whiffs, most of which resulted in Saffold's guy dropping Henry early.

It's zone blocking.  Saffold is responsible for clearing out whoever is in his zone, and he's not getting it done.

He's JRob's biggest bust to date.

Why are you still here with your boy riding the bench? Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't defending Saffold? 

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This is another stupid gotcha moment that is pervasive in today's world. Saffold had to get to the 2nd level and get a much quicker defender than he. The LB made a nice move and dipped under the block. Its like watching a single INT from a good Qb and going "see this guy sucks". The better way to judge him would be to watch the entire game and see how many times he gets beat. For instance let's say he makes that block 5/6 times and the other 5 times the RB gets a total of 30 yards. Wouldn't we all say he did his job? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Saffold because he has to play better. I'm attacking the stupid lowlight highlight culture we live in.

He could have made every other block in the game and I still would not understand how a pro, such as himself, runs at a LB full speed without breaking down and coming under control to make a block. It's simple technique. I've seen him make that block on much faster CBs using proper technique. It's no different than people posting videos of Marcus missing wide open receivers and holding the ball creating sacks. I didn't see you posting about gotcha moments on any of those threads.

3 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

He could have made every other block in the game and I still would not understand how a pro, such as himself, runs at a LB full speed without breaking down and coming under control to make a block. It's simple technique. I've seen him make that block on much faster CBs using proper technique. It's no different than people posting videos of Marcus missing wide open receivers and holding the ball creating sacks. I didn't see you posting about gotcha moments on any of those threads.

Looking at a single play in a vacuum no matter who it is a gotcha analysis. If you watch an entire game and he has 10-15 plays like that, a common them with Mariota which is why he was benched, then an argument can be made. Its the same with highlights. Every player who has ever played has a highlight reel. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Looking at a single play in a vacuum no matter who it is a gotcha analysis. If you watch an entire game and he has 10-15 plays like that, a common them with Mariota which is why he was benched, then an argument can be made. Its the same with highlights. Every player who has ever played has a highlight reel. 

I'm not making an argument about his 10-15 other plays. I'm not even making an argument about his play overall. I'm simply saying THIS play is terrible.

1 minute ago, BeedoeLaw said:

I'm not making an argument about his 10-15 other plays. I'm not even making an argument about his play overall. I'm simply saying THIS play is terrible.

I know.  But players make mistake and are human.  Pointing out that he whiffed on this play is kind of useless unless he does it consistently or was central to the outcome of the game.

33 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Why are you still here with your boy riding the bench? Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't defending Saffold? 

Somebody needs to be here pointing out all the ways you expose your ignorance about plays and players that are right in front of your eyes.

Ya freaking homer.

3 minutes ago, BeedoeLaw said:

It a bad play. Did you miss where I said I wasn't defending Saffold? I will say that he's being asked to do the most difficult thing for an interior Lineman to do when the play goes away from their side. You would expect someone as good as him to make the play though.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Somebody needs to be here pointing out all the ways you expose your ignorance about plays and players that are right in front of your eyes.

Ya freaking homer.

Wait, the guy who defends Mariota at all costs and blames everyone but Mariota is calling someone else a homer?

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Ya freaking homer.

oh the irony Mariota cock sucker.

28 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It's not a single play!

The video is full of multiple plays, with him making the same mistakes repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Wait, the guy who defends Mariota at all costs and blames everyone but Mariota is calling someone else a homer?

Damned skippy sonny!

Marcus gets plenty of blame around here.  No need to include mine.

I realize you need the security of the groupthink, but that's not true for everyone.

8 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Damned skippy sonny!

Marcus gets plenty of blame around here.  No need to include mine.

I realize you need the security of the groupthink, but that's not true for everyone.

I bet Sackfold has a brilliant game Sunday and all of his homers come busting out of the woodwork yelping and carrying on about how his haters just didn't want to blame Marcus for all of Sack's sacks.