Legaltitan

Let's talk Pete Buttigieg - After that CNN town hall, dude deserves his own thread

A Republican source told The Daily Beast that lobbyist Jack Burkman and internet troll Jacob Wohl approached him last week to try to convince him to falsely accuse Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, of engaging him sexually while he was too drunk to consent.

The source who spoke to The Daily Beast said Burkman and Wohl made clear that their goal was to kneecap Buttigieg’s momentum in the 2020 presidential race. The man asked to remain anonymous out of a concern that the resulting publicity might imperil his employment, and because he said Wohl and Burkman have a reputation for vindictiveness.

OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Mayor Pete is going to have no trouble dealing with Trump. Gay men in flyover country have dealt with bullies their entire life. 

He's literally impenetrable

Trump Kryptonite

0% from black voters in that new South Carolina poll... Dude is basically DOA there (obviously there's a lot of time to recover!!).

it's crazy how big the race divide is in these polls.

Edited by Titans279

ctm   

It's not just Mayor Pete that fails to attract black voters.  Bernie had the same problem last year.  

As of today, this is essentially a three person race....Biden, Sanders, Harris, possibly Warren.

The others can pack their bags and save the money.

Rolltide   
On 5/11/2019 at 6:24 PM, OILERMAN said:

He's literally impenetrable

Trump Kryptonite

Why is there something wrong with his butthole? Too bad for Chasten eh?

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

Oilerman could never understand the obvious but a 37 year old guy who is a mayor of the 4th biggest city in Indiana is probably not ready to be a serious candidate for president. Gay or straight. He can get his feet wet and get his name out there for next time but a country where half the voters are 40 or over does not elect 37 year olds.

The 2nd district in Indiana where South Bend lies is a purple district that leans republican. If he won that for the democrats that would be a major step up to a serious presidential run as well as some experience in Washington. 

Oilerman has the worst political instincts and insights of any poster on this board. He is wrong about everything. He is the one who thinks that Trump will face a major challenge in the primaries.  

4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Why is there something wrong with his butthole? Too bad for Chasten eh?

It is always amazing to me how much conservatives like to talk about the details of gay sex. Almost seems like an obsession for many. 

Rolltide   
1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

It is always amazing to me how much conservatives like to talk about the details of gay sex. Almost seems like an obsession for many. 

I'm not a conservative and i have no problem with gay people. Buttigieg is gay. 

Rolltide   

It always amazes me how I get called right wing or conservative when there are about 12 issues where I disagree with conservatives. Ignorance due to illiteracy? I do post often. 

begooode   

I haven't watched it yet, but by many accounts Mayor Pete's town hall on FoxNews went well.  Interesting to see how this plays out as the kvetching over whether or not to appear on the network potentially further defines some of the Dems.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/20/democrats-fox-news-town-halls-1334096

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/politics/pete-buttigieg-fox-news-town-hall/index.html