Legaltitan

Let's talk Pete Buttigieg - After that CNN town hall, dude deserves his own thread

Agreed about Beto. As much as I like Beto, Pete is doing everything and saying everything that folks thought Beto would be saying and doing. He really makes Beto look like a poor man's Buttigieg.

BTW, the predictor betting market has him neck and neck with Sanders to win the nomination: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3633/Who-will-win-the-2020-Democratic-presidential-nomination

OILERMAN   
5 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

BTW, the predictor betting market has him neck and neck with Sanders to win the nomination

Pete is the perfect opponent to Trump. I can't imagine Trump's personal attacks having effect at all, in fact he would make Trump look bad. 

tgo   
4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Pete is the perfect opponent to Trump. I can't imagine Trump's personal attacks having effect at all, in fact he would make Trump look bad. 

I agree. Trump wouldn't be able to resist saying things that make himself look terrible. 

He's the anti Trump too. Intellectual, measured, empathetic, served in the military, etc. 

OILERMAN   
Just now, tgo said:

I agree. Trump wouldn't be able to resist saying things that make himself look terrible. 

He's the anti Trump too. Intellectual, measured, empathetic, served in the military, etc. 

He's exactly what the country needs after 2 years of watching a moron tweet and say retarded shit while lying cheating and stealing

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

sponge.jpg

begooode   
12 hours ago, tgo said:

Put Simply - Mayor Pete is one bad ass mother fucker and every other candidate in this field needs to be really worried. I'm half tempted to donate to his campaign after watching his rally yesterday and seeing his interview on MSNBC tonight. 

The sentiment is shared:

Pete Buttigieg raises $1 million within four hours of 2020 campaign announcement

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/pete-buttigieg-raises-1-million-within-four-hours-of-campaign-announcement.html

begooode   
38 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He's exactly what the country needs after 2 years of watching a moron tweet and say retarded shit while lying cheating and stealing

President Trump has largely abandoned the tradition of one-on-one lunches with the vice president, according to The Atlantic. Instead, Trump reportedly invites aides to lunch meetings with Vice President Pence.

During those meetings, a big-screen television is tuned to cable news, according to the news outlet, which added that Trump frequently yells at the TV and will break from the lunch to discuss a response with aides if he sees something on screen that angers him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/438938-trump-ditches-precedent-on-one-on-one-meetings-with-vice-president

tgo   
43 minutes ago, begooode said:

President Trump has largely abandoned the tradition of one-on-one lunches with the vice president, according to The Atlantic. Instead, Trump reportedly invites aides to lunch meetings with Vice President Pence.

During those meetings, a big-screen television is tuned to cable news, according to the news outlet, which added that Trump frequently yells at the TV and will break from the lunch to discuss a response with aides if he sees something on screen that angers him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/438938-trump-ditches-precedent-on-one-on-one-meetings-with-vice-president

Lol. 

Down with the Mad King. 

begooode   

If this keeps up, he'll go by Midas Pete instead of Mayor Pete.  His Notre Dame video has gone viral as well, including a hat tip from the French ambassador:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/439084-video-of-buttigieg-offering-condolences-in-french-after-notre-dame-fire

"To the people of France, I would like to say that Notre Dame Cathedral was like a gift to the human race. We share in the pain but we also thank you for this gift to civilization,"

9 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I’m curious what you all think of this take

I feel like it's a bit early to pigeonhole any of the candidates, but especially Mayor Pete who has so recently burst on to the scene. Certainly there is validity to the comparisons with Bradley and Dean, but with what I have seen this analysis is very lazy and likely wrong. And it is really nothing more than a snooty, cynical take on the question "can Pete appeal to minorities?"

But certainly it is something to keep an eye on.