Russell Westbrook is trash, pure and simple

Bleacher Report's ranking of Westbrook at #22 on their top 100 players list is a fucking joke. He's easily in the top 20, even if he's no longer top 10.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889335-bleacher-reports-top-100-player-rankings-from-the-2019-20-nba-season

Having him behind the likes of Kyrie Irving (who has been hurt most of the season), the one-dimensional Rudy Gobert, Ben Simmons (who can't shoot for shit), Chris Paul (who is playing great for his age but his hamstrings can't hold out much longer), and Khris Middleton (a very good but not great player) is absurd.

How can anyone be 7th in the league in scoring be just the 22nd best player in the NBA? He's not a horrible defender like Melo. Complete bullshit.....:rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha this is funny 

Watch OilerFanatic try to spin this like crazy.😂

OF is gonna be hilarious this season in defending the guy he’s shat on the past few years

Since the league starting tracking points in the paint in the late 90's there have been just 5 players to average 15 points in the paint (min 40 games played).

Obviously Russell Westbrook is one of them averaging 15.2 this season, but the other 4 players to do it besides him are all 6-10 or taller. Russ is a beast! 

Edited by Oiler FANatic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, abenjami said:

Still waiting...

Russ is playing the best basketball of his life, which is saying an awful lot for a guy who averaged a triple-double for three consecutive seasons in OKC.

He has 36 straight 20-point games since early December, the longest streak of his career, averaging 30.7 PPG during that stretch. Brodie and the Beard!:biggrin:

edit: sucks for him, now he's stuck playing for one of the worst teams in the NBA.....:sad:

Edited by Oiler FANatic
  • 3 months later...

Westbrook is possibly going to go down as the most overrated player of all time. He'll probably average like 25/9/9 this year and they'll win 45 games and lose in the first round. He'll think he's the best player despite Beal being the clear superior player. 

On 3/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, Bink said:

I mean, I wonder how you would respond to the kind of heckling this guy receives every night. 

Some of the things they call players are over the line.  Anyway, I came to say I think it's Westbrooks who comes to LV and loses big money(chump change for him) to the poker players at the Encore.  They talk about it all the time like it's Christmas or something.  

1 hour ago, SloPoke said:

Anyone else get a chuckle out of this? What good is him being younger if he got injury issues?

Wall and Russ have basically the same contract and Wall will be lucky to play 2/3 of the games Westbrook will. 

Another guy who needs the ball in his hands and is just as bad of a three ball shooter as Westbrook. 

And at best the 15th overall pick? But im willing to bet it'll be closer to 20.

I get you grew to hate Westbrook, but you dislike him that much that you like this trade?

Hard to be the most overrated when there are ppl right along side of him....

And you talk about Beal being the superior player. And that it's clear. Yet Beal couldn't even carry WSH to the playoffs in the east with Wall out. 

OKC got nothing from Durant leaving and Westbrook put them on his back for three years taking them to the playoffs in the West. Westbrook is the better and most valuable of the two. And the only thing that keeps it somewhat close is Westbrooks poor shooting. 

Those Thunder were much better teams than this years Wizards. Beal and Bertans didn’t show up for the bubble and they lost every game. 

Those thunder teams had Oladipo/Paul George, Steven adams, Jerami Grant, Schroeder etc. a bunch of good players

21 hours ago, SloPoke said:

Anyone else get a chuckle out of this? What good is him being younger if he got injury issues?

Wall and Russ have basically the same contract and Wall will be lucky to play 2/3 of the games Westbrook will. 

I get you grew to hate Westbrook, but you dislike him that much that you like this trade?

This trade will work out very well for Houston. Wall will easily play more than 2/3 of the games Westbrook will, he's had two years to recover.

Westbrook and Harden never fit well together. Russ has had chronic knee issues for years and they will only get worse as he rots away in Washington.

Wall will be revitalized playing here with one of his best friends, Boogie Cousins. He will thrive here in Houston, while Westbrook withers away in DC.

Wall won’t be what he once was, but should still at least be a fairly elite defender and pure PG who will give tons of good looks to Harden.

Wall has a lot of the same issues young Rose had in regards to losing control mid-air. Hopefully with this injury, he’s learned to slow it down and also worked on his shot a bit.

If course, I think if/when the Rockets lose in the playoffs again, it’s time to really look at blowing it up, trading Harden, and embracing the tank. They have had a good run over the past 8-9 years, but no matter what, they’ve come up short when it mattered. Harden is incredible, but just not a player you can build around. Maybe he proves me wrong this year, but who knows. 

Edited by TitansFan777

The Houston thing is funny because they basically chose to build around Harden and made all these moves and now he's more or less holding out and wants to be traded (probably to Brooklyn).

I'm not sure I'd list Wall as a "positive" at this point. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:52 PM, SloPoke said:

Its so bad their fans have to resort to hyping Boogie and Christian Wood.

This post isn't aging well. :lolabove: Christian Wood is practically a lock for most improved player this season after just 3 games. Dude's a beast!

Boogie is being brought along slowly, and he's a great backup for Wood. Both of them are perfect fits for their offense as stretch fives.

Wall is also looking great. They got him plus a first round pick for Westbrick, what a steal! Washington is 1-1 without Russ and 0-4 with him.

Russ has 4 triple-doubles in the 4 losses. I won't be at all surprised if he ends up with more triple-doubles than the Wizards win total in 2021.

The only way they win more games than his total number of triple-doubles this season will be if he gets hurt and misses most of the season. :laugh: