Sign in to follow this  
Oiler FANatic

Russell Westbrook is trash, pure and simple

Somedude   
On 3/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, big2033 said:

No "F" that. If a guy wants to act that way and the NBA doesn't protect me or kick him out I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Whatever UTAH may be their fans are notorious for saying racist things at games.

And if it were me there's only so much disrespect I'm willing to take. I don't care how much I make. 

Being an NBA millionaire doesn't mean you sacrifice your self-respect. Eventually, you let them know to be respectful or get treated in a disrespecting way.

It's been 20 years since I went to a jazz game but when did this become a thing? SLC is democratic. They elected a lesbian mayor. Utah is a red state with a blue city. It's kinda odd. I lived here all my life and never seen anything that makes me think man what an overtly racist state/city. There is a statue and a street of Karl Malone here and even a Martin Luther King street. A large population of LGBT people here as well. I'm not saying your statement is untrue but it seems odd to me that would be the case.

Edited by Somedude

Bink   
7 hours ago, Somedude said:

It's been 20 years since I went to a jazz game but when did this become a thing? SLC is democratic. They elected a lesbian mayor. Utah is a red state with a blue city. It's kinda odd. I lived here all my life and never seen anything that makes me think man what an overtly racist state/city. There is a statue and a street of Karl Malone here and even a Martin Luther King street. A large population of LGBT people here as well. I'm not saying your statement is untrue but it seems odd to me that would be the case.

The make-up of a city doesn't always reflect the fanbase attending games. Baltimore Ravens/Orioles fans in relation to the city itself is a good example. I think the point about notoriety comes from what players have reported and said over the years where they have experienced more racism from fans in Utah (I think Boston is up there too). 

OzTitan   

Imagine everyone's surprise when it was revealed the fan was a "#MAGA" poster.

Not that I'm a hashtag poster on any platform, but I can't imagine ever posting a hashtag on the regular that racists also use in the same context (and still continue posting that hashtag regardless). There's got to be a part of your brain that has accepted their use and your use are close enough, to keep doing it.

Sometimes you've just gotta evaluate your life and be objective about the type of people you associate with. And yes, this applies in the digital age and virtual association.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, OzTitan said:

Imagine everyone's surprise when it was revealed the fan was a "#MAGA" poster.

Not that I'm a hashtag poster on any platform, but I can't imagine ever posting a hashtag on the regular that racists also use in the same context (and still continue posting that hashtag regardless). There's got to be a part of your brain that has accepted their use and your use are close enough, to keep doing it.

Sometimes you've just gotta evaluate your life and be objective about the type of people you associate with. And yes, this applies in the digital age and virtual association.

You share a lot of similar things of interest with ppl you dont like. Because they're racist or otherwise. Does that mean you should stop enjoying those things because ppl you dont align with also enjoy them?

Racists support America and show their pride in it. I guess no other American who doesn't believe they're racist should feel the same. Otherwise, idiots might start mistaking any American proud person for a racist.

I'm still curious as to what this guy said that makes him or what he said, racist. As far as I can tell, he was a avid Jazz fan talking shit to a person a lot of ppl and fans dislike. But tell me, why did it become about race, and who is the racist for making it about race when it doesn't appear that it was....

Edited by JakePA_Titan

16 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm still curious as to what this guy said that makes him or what he said, racist. As far as I can tell, he was a avid Jazz fan talking shit to a person a lot of ppl and fans dislike. But tell me, why did it become about race, and who is the racist for making it about race when it doesn't appear that it was....

Him being racist doesn't mean he was spewing that at the Stadium at Westbrook, him simply not yelling racist stuff to someone doesn't mean they're not racist either. The dude had tweets that were more damning than simply posting #MAGA