tgo

Titans Sign Humphries

Cyrus   

Just a quick observation on Humphries - he gets N/S very quickly, which likely translates to a lot of his efficiency. (beyond just catching the ball). He's not particularly fast, but his first step after the catch is usually upfield. It's a good trait and hopefully one that makes a difference.

cenj   

Yea, now it's time to get an edge rusher. We gotta pay for one, so get the checkbook out. 

Za'darius Smith has to be a no brainer, right? For both sides. He'll plug immediately and look good in this system, and he won't have to re-learn much. That has to have appeal, as long as the money is close.

Only 6 teams used 11 personnel less often than us last year. 

One of them was the Patriots. 

We both used only 2 WR almost all the time but they often used multiple RBs on the field while we used multiple TEs. 

Justafan   
8 minutes ago, cenj said:

Yea, now it's time to get an edge rusher. We gotta pay for one, so get the checkbook out. 

Za'darius Smith has to be a no brainer, right? For both sides. He'll plug immediately and look good in this system, and he won't have to re-learn much. That has to have appeal, as long as the money is close.

There are some options.  I think it comes down to Smith as the high priced guy, Preston as the cheaper alternative young guy, Houston as the bargain older guy who still has a little left, and Anthony Barr the reformed player who will do better in our system than his old one.  One of those four guys.

Barr I think is going to Detroit and for whatever reason, my gut just says it's not Preston (watch it be Preston) so that leaves either Smith or Houston.  Just the way I see it.  

Number9   

I like this signing a lot. He’s achieved as an undrafted free agent to be high on the free agents list. It takes a lot of heart and skill to do something like that. I see him as a DW type player, glad to be here and willing to work his tail off. He’ll be a great locker room guy, team first.  

NOW GET US A PASS RUSH DEMON. 

29 minutes ago, Justafan said:

<Snip>  so that leaves either Smith or Houston.  Just the way I see it.  

I'd be happy with either one, but Smith's familiarity with Pees' system gives him the edge IYAM. (see what I did there?)

Edited by TitanDuckFan

tgo   
3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This can't be good for the future of Tajae Sharpe with the Titans...

There was never much hope for his future. He’s a limited reserve caliber player that can only succeed vs zone defense. Good depth player though.