tgo

Titans Sign Humphries

1 hour ago, Huston said:

What You Don’t Know About: Being a Wide Receiver

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/greg-jennings-nfl-wide-receiver

Older article but great read for those who think playing wr is easier then it is.

Everybody on this board who thinks they can solve this offense's problems by drafting another rookie WR needs to read that article.

Most of them twice.

53 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Everybody on this board who thinks they can solve this offense's problems by drafting another rookie WR needs to read that article.

Most of them twice.

you think bringing in  TE is any quicker of a solution? 

They usually need even more time to develop... but i guess if they are a good blocker they can contribute early. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, Huston said:

What You Don’t Know About: Being a Wide Receiver

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/greg-jennings-nfl-wide-receiver

Older article but great read for those who think playing wr is easier then it is.

Why we should have drafted one last year. A lot of good mid round guys last year who could be big contributors this season

2 hours ago, newschool said:

Why we should have drafted one last year. A lot of good mid round guys last year who could be big contributors this season

Nah, I'm cool with Evans and Landry compared to hoping those guys fell to us in the 1st and 2nd along with the right WR we were targeting falling to us in the 3rd/4th.... That's a lot of ifs

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Huston   
4 hours ago, newschool said:

By all accounts this year's wr class has more mid round talent then last year's.

This is from Peter King's FMIA Column Today

9. I think the last week was not kind to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At all. The Bucs wanted to hold serve, basically, and keep Kwon Alexander and Adam Humphries, and, if he could be happy, DeSean Jackson. The Bucs went 0-for-3. The Humphries loss, even though slot receiver is not the most important weapon in a Bruce Arians offense, is hard because he’s a tough over-achiever, very productive, egoless, and just 25. Check out how his 2018 regular season compared to Julian Edelman’s:

Humphries: 781 snaps, 76 receptions, 10.7 per catch, 5.7 yards after catch (very good for a slot guy), three drops.
Edelman: 748 snaps, 74 receptions, 11.5 yards per catch, 4.7 yards after catch, eight drops.

Good signing by GM Jon Robinson in Tennessee.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/18/odell-beckham-trade-browns-nfl-free-agency-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

20 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This is from Peter King's FMIA Column Today

9. I think the last week was not kind to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At all. The Bucs wanted to hold serve, basically, and keep Kwon Alexander and Adam Humphries, and, if he could be happy, DeSean Jackson. The Bucs went 0-for-3. The Humphries loss, even though slot receiver is not the most important weapon in a Bruce Arians offense, is hard because he’s a tough over-achiever, very productive, egoless, and just 25. Check out how his 2018 regular season compared to Julian Edelman’s:

Humphries: 781 snaps, 76 receptions, 10.7 per catch, 5.7 yards after catch (very good for a slot guy), three drops.
Edelman: 748 snaps, 74 receptions, 11.5 yards per catch, 4.7 yards after catch, eight drops.

Good signing by GM Jon Robinson in Tennessee.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/18/odell-beckham-trade-browns-nfl-free-agency-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

People will look at those stats and be flippant toward them, but fail to consider that Humphries was in an offense loaded with receivers. You'd think it would be hard to get consistent targets when you have to compete with Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, and Chris Godwin. Well Evans had 86 receptions on 138 targets, Jackson had 41 on 74, and Godwin had 59 on 95. Humphries? 76 on 105. So even in that group he still had the 2nd highest number of targets.

I think Edelman might be a poor comparison. Cooper Kupp might be a better one. I don't doubt that's what Robinson hopes to get out of him.

Number9   

I REALLY LIKE THE SIGNING OF HUMPHRIES!!

This guy has Titans player written all over him.  No Mr Big Chest.  He has a quiet confidence, the kinda guy who if you have been around you know not to fuck with.

8MM   
14 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I REALLY LIKE THE SIGNING OF HUMPHRIES!!

This guy has Titans player written all over him.  No Mr Big Chest.  He has a quiet confidence, the kinda guy who if you have been around you know not to fuck with.

He and Tannehill might make quite a tandem.