Jump to content
tgo

Titans Sign Humphries

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

You obviously do.  Their standard is winning the SB while you guys are jerking off about signing a slot WR and winning a meaningless regular season game in a playoff-less season.  Sad.

You intimated that they don't gaf about the regular season loss. I'm sure they don't. And I don't give a fuck that they don't give a fuck. They can still hold that L and the L here in free agency as they eat a bag of dicks.

 

And so you can you, you non-fan piece of fuckwit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

As a Mariota homer, you probably shouldn't say anything given that this offseason is squarely putting all of the pressure on him to play up to expectations or morph into the next failed top pick holding a clipboard.

Actually, I probably have more reason to say something than you do.

But you being a Bud homer, I can't really expect you to understand that, or the why of it, any more than your idol did. Bud's football legacy is is littered with irrational decisions and emo outbursts that cost himself and his franchise untold number of games over the years.

And apparently, it's become something of a tradition his homer followers are proud to continue with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
5 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You intimated that they don't gaf about the regular season loss. I'm sure they don't. And I don't give a fuck that they don't give a fuck. They can still hold that L and the L here in free agency as they eat a bag of dicks.

 

And so you can you, you non-fan piece of fuckwit.

Then why did you cling to it like it meant something special because it clearly didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Hump cites relationship with Jrob in Tampa. "He stood on the table for me." And yall got that Ballard juice on your chins...

 

 

I can't help it, now that he's a Titan, his nickname has gotta end up being "Sunshine."

 

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

But somehow you guys want to spin it into some type of referendum about the Titans and Nashville versus the Patriots and Boston.  

 

Actually, you’re the only person in the thread who is doing that lol. Oh the irony. The rest of us are saying fuck the patriots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
5 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Actually, I probably have more reason to say something than you do.

But you being a Bud homer, I can't really expect you to understand that, or the why of it, any more than your idol did. Bud's football legacy is is littered with irrational decisions and emo outbursts that cost himself and his franchise untold number of games over the years.

And apparently, it's become something of a tradition his homer followers are proud to continue with.

Ever think the Bud name is somewhat satirical?  I'm hardly a Bud Adams worshiper albeit I do laugh at the Tennessee fans that hated him so much and actually wanted him to sell the team to guys like Haslam or Peyton Manning, conveniently ignoring that he is the only reason they have an NFL team.

 

I've followed the team since the late 70's and know way more about the Oilers/Titans than you ever will.  As an owner, he meddled too much and went through way too many GM's/coaches.  At the same time, he did some things he doesn't get any credit for because of that like:

 

1. Co-founding the AFL

2. Keeping the NY Jets afloat monetarily and then by giving them the rights to Namath.

3. Signing a black QB to be the highest paid player in 1984 (Moon).

4. At the time, using the highest draft pick ever to pick a black QB (McNair).

5. They were one of the top spending teams back in the 80's/early 90's before the Salary Cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Actually, you’re the only person in the thread who is doing that lol. Oh the irony. The rest of us are saying fuck the patriots. 

Can you read?  This all started because you morons thought this "win" over the Patriots means something and referenced the regular season victory too.  idiots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Actually, you’re the only person in the thread who is doing that lol. Oh the irony. The rest of us are saying fuck the patriots. 

The guy's reaction to our reaction over the Patriots getting jilted in free agency makes absolutely no sense. Just tediously fucking retarded. Who cares that the Patriots are smugly counting their Lombardi's other than overbearing Pats fans and this guy? And if it just didn't matter that much to the Patriots to get Humphries would they have upped their offer to him? They obviously wanted him pretty badly. And even though they offered him more, he decided Nashville was where he wanted to be. Yet we're not supposed to feel good about the fact that bazillion time Super Bowl champion Patriots got jilted because... glass half-empty, self-loathing narrative? The fuck outta here nerd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The guy's reaction to our reaction over the Patriots getting jilted in free agency makes absolutely no sense. Just tediously fucking retarded. Who cares that the Patriots are smugly counting their Lombardi's other than overbearing Pats fans and this guy? And if it just didn't matter that much to the Patriots to get Humphries would they have upped their offer to him? They obviously wanted him pretty badly. And even though they offered him more, he decided Nashville was where he wanted to be. Yet we're not supposed to feel good about the fact that bazillion time Super Bowl champion Patriots got jilted because... glass half-empty, self-loathing narrative? The fuck outta here nerd.

Who cares that it happened to be the Patriots in the bidding?  You guys were the ones that brought it up, first whining about NE playing dirty and then actually celebrating this and the regular season win as some sort of twisted payback for a 59-0 loss back in 2009?  That's pathetically sad.

 

Humphries went to the Titans because he and his agent agreed to terms before NE upped their offer.  I'm glad he's a Titan but IMO it had more to do with giving your word than Titans over Patriots.  Do you honestly believe he would be a Titan if he had not verbally agreed to terms before NE upped their offer?  Do you honestly believe that he would rather play with Marcus Mariota than Tom Brady?

 

He's not the first player nor the last that Robinson will outbid the Patriots for - hell he's always dishing out big contracts to guys that the good teams let walk - Ryan, Butler, Lewis.  Add the Rams to that list since they are paying Safford double what the Rams were.

 

Maybe someday Robinson will draft well enough so other teams are overpaying our free agents while we just replenish talent like clock work.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Yet he paid $ 25 K for the team that's now worth 2.05 Billion and is the very reason a place like Tennessee has an NFL team.  Of course, none of that negates the observation being made.  NE will find another player to fill the role and likely spend less doing it but way more importantly losing a regular season game in 2018 in a year where they ended up world champions yet again and the Titans watched the playoffs on TV (again).  

It's your team, but you are getting old.  I thought you paid 50K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's your team, but you are getting old.  I thought you paid 50K.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/10/21/the-titans-bud-adams-was-the-most-successful-owner-in-nfl-history/#1480772719d3

 

Quote

Adams helped launch the American Football League with Lamar Hunt in 1960. He was awarded the Houston Oilers franchise for the league's $25,000 expansion fee.  Five decades later the value of the since-relocated Titans hit $1.06 billion in Forbes latest NFL valuations. The record 24% annualized gain (before inflation) is narrowly ahead of other early AFL investors Hunt and Ralph Wilson. For comparisons sake, the S&P 500 appreciated 6.4% during that time (adding dividends brings the total return to 9.7%). Recent owners like Arthur Blank (Falcons) and Robert McNair (Texans) earned 5% annualized returns

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Yet he paid $ 25 K for the team that's now worth 2.05 Billion and is the very reason a place like Tennessee has an NFL team.  Of course, none of that negates the observation being made.  NE will find another player to fill the role and likely spend less doing it but way more importantly losing a regular season game in 2018 in a year where they ended up world champions yet again and the Titans watched the playoffs on TV (again).  

If you’re that butthurt, might as well just go be a Pats fan. 

 

Again, stop shitting on everyone’s excitement. Moves are being made to make the team better, and you just look like a bitter asshole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...