tgo

Titans Sign Humphries

BudAdams   
7 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Fuck New England. They will pull all kinds of dirty shit if it benefits them.

I'd love to one day see the Pats vs Titans in the AFC Championship and us blow them out again on national tv

BASTARDS

All is fair in the LEGAL TAMPERING period where NO AGREEMENTS are valid and binding contracts.

You honestly don’t think teams and agents don’t do this?  

BudAdams   
2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You know what? This, coupled with Vrabel trolling Belichick in our game with them this year, coupled with us beating the snot out of them in that game... just about totally makes up for that 59-0 shellacking back in 09. Not totally because... well, 59-0 is still 59-0. But god damn that win felt good this year. By far the best game of the year, followed by Derrick Henry's ruinage of Jacksonville, followed by punking the Cowboys on national TV after a mostly shitty 1st quarter start.

I’m sure they are crushed by these setbacks as they admire another Lombardi trophy

24 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Wow, turning down a better deal from a team like the Pats really says something. This kid Humphries is ride or die. I wasn't excited about him at all but I love this. 

its because Brady is nearly at the end and Mariota has a huge career ahead of him (hopefully) and he realises he'll be playing the position where he's likely to see most of the ball 

BudAdams   

Obviously deals are not done until the physical is passed and the contract is signed but good on Humphries and his agent for keeping to their verbal agreement. 

Saying that, this new world of legal tampering opens up these types of scenarios.

tgo   

Arthur Smith and Pro Scouting Director Brian Gardner holding down the fort with Vrabel and Robinson down at Clemson. 

BudAdams   
12 minutes ago, nine said:

Choosing to sacrifice an extra $1M/year and a high probability of a Super Bowl in order to honor a verbal agreement with a less established franchise says a great deal about Humphries’ character and integrity.

Hopefully it’s not also an indictment of his intelligence.  :)

I would imagine it would be dicey for the agent too given all of the dealings one does across the league. 

Saying that, this is the league's fault for creating this public legal tampering period to begin. 

The best news of this IMO is that NE really wanted him and they actually have a proven track record of WR evaluations.