tgo

Titans Sign Humphries

japan   
1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Well, I'm gonna stay away from him this year!

Hopefully this tweet is worth mocking in a year.

What are you saying?

Number9   

Prob been discussed.  Humphries played in a high volume passing offense.  How do you see these team/player numbers translating in our offense?

2016  3926/622

2017  4366/631

2018  5125/816

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It depends on who else they may add at WR. Currently he is the 2nd best WR so I would expect him to get plenty of snaps in 2WR sets.

But hopefully they can add a starting caliber WR on day 2 of the draft.

The signing signifies we are going to roll with the LaFleur offense and spread the field. You don’t sign a guy to that kind of contract if you aren’t planning on using quite a bit of 11 personnel. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The signing signifies we are going to roll with the LaFleur offense and spread the field. You don’t sign a guy to that kind of contract if you aren’t planning on using quite a bit of 11 personnel. 

That’s why we need to add Hock, he’s versatile for that

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, Huston said:

I was coming to post this. I think Taylor is getting too much hate and if LaFleur was still here I'd think Taylor was more likely to start outside opposite of Davis. 

I'll still be surprised if Humphries doesn't start though

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I was coming to post this. I think Taylor is getting too much hate and if LaFleur was still here I'd think Taylor was more likely to start outside opposite of Davis. 

I'll still be surprised if Humphries doesn't start though

The biggest reason why Humphries will get quite a few snaps opposite Davis in 2WR sets is because the flexibility of being able to motion him anywhere and lose absolutely nothing that the offense has focused on all offseason. It's not like we are going to have Taywan just running go routes and killing it where being the "#2" and our main outside WR behind Davis makes him such an irreplaceable asset to the formation.

If we had our own John Ross or especially Desean Jackson, that would be a whole different story but we don't and just getting a cheap "speedster" for depth won't push guys down the regular depth chart.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Huston   

I think Taylor is fine outside as well I just preferred a player like T Williams to pair with Davis then a slot guy like Humphries. I think they will play them both outside at times but Taylor will play in more 2 wr sets then you think. How does Lafluer still being here equate to Taylor getting more snaps outside then with Smith.

OILERMAN   
7 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The biggest reason why Humphries will get quite a few snaps opposite Davis in 2WR sets is because the flexibility of being able to motion him anywhere and lose absolutely nothing that the offense has focused on all offseason. It's not like we are going to have Taywan just running go routes and killing it where being the "#2" and our main outside WR behind Davis makes him such an irreplaceable asset to the formation.

If we had our own John Ross or especially Desean Jackson, that would be a whole different story but we don't and just getting a cheap "speedster" for depth won't push guys down the regular depth chart.

I agree with this but wanted to post what Cosell said 

Soxcat   
17 minutes ago, Huston said:

I think Taylor is fine outside as well I just preferred a player like T Williams to pair with Davis then a slot guy like Humphries. I think they will play them both outside at times but Taylor will play in more 2 wr sets then you think. How does Lafluer still being here equate to Taylor getting more snaps outside then with Smith.

Taylor makes way more sense in a 2 WR set because Humphries is simply not a deep threat.  He averages only 11 YPC.  Defenses will not worry about him getting behind them.  Not so with Taylor.