Titans Sign Humphries

tgo

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@wiscotitansfan

I'm not as sour on Taywan as SK might be, but he does have a lot to prove in 2019. Even if he finds his stride we still nedd someone with speed. Maybe speed isn't a desperate need, but that doesn't mean it isn't something we should be actively seeking out.

I don't disagree one bit, but taking a flyer on a speedster in the mid - late rounds isn't pushing anyone down the depth chart remotely anytime soon.

Everyone here is acting like Taywan is some atrocity that no team should have getting real snaps and that just shows how jaded people are about our lack of production and trying to find a scapegoat.

It's not like I am even saying he's great, but he's good enough to get meaningful snaps for many teams where half the threads are not how the guy needs to be upgraded so the QB can actually have someone to throw to.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?    

You know what? This, coupled with Vrabel trolling Belichick in our game with them this year, coupled with us beating the snot out of them in that game... just about totally makes up for that 59-0 shel

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TitanTez said:

Height,weight, speed?

Not as tall as your mom is wide. Weighs as much her breakfast burrito and as fast as her when she hears the ice cream truck.

Edited by Somedude

16 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Ive already discussed this in different threads and not getting to it again with stats but most teams don't have 3 WRs that would be able to start for every other team. Taylor has absolutely shown more than enough to get a decent amount of snaps and not be a liability.... I just don't see the need to sign another WR free agent or use a day 2 pick on the position either.

Dropping our 5th receiving option lower on the depth chart is a luxury 

I really, really want to disagree with this post because I'm not a Taylor fan and want to upgrade him but you're probably correct. On a team with serious needs like us the cost/benefit just isn't there. The problem here is that despite Taywan being our #3 receiver, he's actually going to be playing a #2 role on the plays where he's split outside and I just don't think he's good enough for that. As you said though he'll be like the 4th-5th offensive option behind Walker, Henry, Davis, and Humphries, so Taywan won't really be a problem unless one of the other guys starts to suck or gets hurt. An injury to Davis or Walker would be devastating.  If we do decided to draft a legit outside guy I sure won't complain but you're right, it isn't a need and the resources could be spent elsewhere. 

Edited by Mythos27

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I really, really want to disagree with this post because I'm not a Taylor fan and want to upgrade him but you're probably correct. On a team with serious needs like us the cost/benefit just isn't there. The problem here is that despite Taywan being our #3 receiver, he's actually going to be playing a #2 role on the plays where he's split outside and I just don't think he's good enough for that. As you said though he'll be like the 4th-5th offensive option behind Walker, Henry, Davis, and Humprhies, so Taywan won't really be a problem unless one of the other guys starts to suck or gets hurt. An injury to Davis or Walker would be devastating.  If we do decided to draft a legit outside guy I sure won't complain but you're right, it isn't a need and the resources could be spent elsewhere. 

Exactly. I don't see him as the ideal guy who for the role he will have either, and I think he will disappoint at said role. But not to the detriment of our season or ability to win games.... He still is good enough to warrant plenty of snaps.

That role isn't close to a spot that will make or break the offense. Obviously we can use more depth if one of the actual big 3 receivers we will rely on goes down but at the end of the day he is still the 4th option when Henry is in so it makes no sense the stink that people are putting up that we NEED to upgrade him.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Exactly. I don't see him as the ideal guy who for the role he will have either, and I think he will disappoint at said role. But not to the detriment of our season or ability to win games.... He still is good enough to warrant plenty of snaps.

That role isn't close to a spot that will make or break the offense. Obviously we can use more depth if one of the actual big 3 receivers we will rely on goes down but at the end of the day he is still the 4th option when Henry is in so it makes no sense the stink that people are putting up that we NEED to upgrade him.

Yeah. It took me a little while to see it that way but it makes sense. The guys around Taywan should be good enough that we don't actually need much from him (just catch the damn ball). Injuries are my only concern because then it moves him up in target share and I don't think anyone wants that. If Taylor gets hurt, it's no big loss because Sharpe is about just as good but if one of the big 4 go down we're right back to last season and that's a scary place to be IMO

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Yeah. It took me a little while to see it that way but it makes sense. The guys around Taywan should be good enough that we don't actually need much from him (just catch the damn ball). Injuries are my only concern because then it moves him up in target share and I don't think anyone wants that. If Taylor gets hurt, it's no big loss because Sharpe is about just as good but if one of the big 4 go down we're right back to last season and that's a scary place to be IMO

I think people are just more annoyed that we really don't have any intention to stray too far away from using a TE/RB in the passing game a lot more than people ever wanted since Exotic Smashmouth, and it's not simply just out of necessity..... This staff is building the team in ways that don't attack the edge of the field or spread the offense deep.

The only way I see me being completely wrong though is if we take WR at 19 who can be our Maclin in his prime type player opposite Davis.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I think people are just more annoyed that we really don't have any intention to stray too far away from using a TE/RB in the passing game a lot more than people ever wanted since Exotic Smashmouth, and it's not simply just out of necessity..... This staff is building the team in ways that don't attack the edge of the field or spread the offense deep.

The only way I see me being completely wrong though is if we take WR at 19 who can be our Maclin in his prime type player opposite Davis.

With the DL talent in this draft and how underwhelming the receiver class is, I'd be pretty upset with a WR at 19. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Who the hell is this guy 

The Buc's #1 YAC guy.  With Howard, Evans and DJax on the same team.

Humphries had 414 YAC in 2018.

Corey Davis had 261 YAC in 2018, Jonnu had 186.

Cooks had 318

Hopkins had 348

Edelman had 334

Hylton had 392

Sanu had 349

Humphries stacks up very well league wide.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Have you seen our QB?  His sideline throws prior to 18 were some of the worst I've ever seen from an NFL QB.  They did a good job of hiding that this previous year.