Jonboy

2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

34 minutes ago, ctm said:

I can make the same argument about use of resources for OLB and DL.  OLB has an expensive vet and a 2nd round pick.  DL has two guys on their second contract and a 2nd round pick.  

Titans need an immediate starter at RG unless you think JRob cut Kline who had guaranteed money on his contract just to plug in someone (Pamphile) who was behind him on the depth chart. 

They don't need an immediate starter at DL or OLB.  They do at RG.

They could be comfortable just going with a camp competition at RG based on who is already on the roster.

ctm   
7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They could be comfortable just going with a camp competition at RG based on who is already on the roster.

You really think camp competition was JRob's plan after cutting Kline who had guaranteed money for 2019 on his base?  That's his plan for an offense that wants to feature the running game and after MM took 41 sacks last year?

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

You really think camp competition was JRob's plan after cutting Kline who had guaranteed money for 2019 on his base?  That's his plan for an offense that wants to feature the running game and after MM took 41 sacks last year?

I think his plan was to cut a guy who got overpaid and played badly.

As for replacing Kline, I think they could very easily be willing to go with a camp competition. They have Pamphile, Levin, Stinnie (big underdog), and possibly a rookie. Or they could move Jones to RG and have a competition at center. 

ctm   
7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I think his plan was to cut a guy who got overpaid and played badly.

As for replacing Kline, I think they could very easily be willing to go with a camp competition. They have Pamphile, Levin, Stinnie (big underdog), and possibly a rookie. Or they could move Jones to RG and have a competition at center. 

All of these guys were behind Kline on the 2018 depth chart. He started ahead of them.  It makes no sense for JRob to cut Kline in favor of a lesser player.  Everything points to an upgrade.

34 minutes ago, ctm said:

All of these guys were behind Kline on the 2018 depth chart. He started ahead of them.  It makes no sense for JRob to cut Kline in favor of a lesser player.  Everything points to an upgrade.

He was going to be starting last year based on the huge contract alone. That doesn’t mean he can’t be replaced by one of those guys this year. 

japan   
1 hour ago, ctm said:

That's quite the rebuttal.

I didn't think I really needed to go into it.  We have a super old edge rusher and a guy coming off a hit or miss rookie season.  We also have an undrafted guy who people seem to expect to make an impact.  This is the glaring need on this team.  Not RG.  JRob blew his load on OL already signing Saffold.  Draft a RG in the second or third.  Some you act like its unheard of for a second round guard to play and make an impact. 

Mythos27   
13 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Seahawks managed to get a long term deal done with Wilson

Look like he just got done "celebrating" all over Ciara.

21 hours ago, titanruss said:

Former starting Tackle for the Titans cant make the league... 

Mariotas fault!

Top 10 picked WR looks like a 5th rounder.

Mariotas fault!

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Top 10 picked WR looks like a 5th rounder.

How you figure that? Looked like a top 25 guy to me. .. and the stats back it up.