Jonboy

2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If this happened it would give the Seahawks the extra draft capital they are seeking.

What are they asking? For a first or second? 

they dont have a second rounder.. they may be desperate. 

I'd give them our second and swap 3rds 

if we could pull that and still trade back in the first to recoup that lost pick, then we'd have a nice setup to get our Oline and DT guys and still fill in with the S/WR later. 

53 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Still, kinda let down the only pass rusher we got in FA is 37 who will likely be gone after this season.

Theres plenty of options out there to add to our Dline/OLBs that are at least as good and in a few cases significant upgrades on what we had last year. 

Gerald Mccoy will soon be available and frank clark rumored to being heavily shopped. 

then you've got:

Zeke Ansah

D. Morgan

Nick Perry

Kony Ealy

Suh

Danny Shelton

Muhammad Wilkerson

Timmy Jernigan

Corey Liuget

Rodney Gunter

Allen Bailey

If you just say that Cam Wake will be more productive than Orakpo... we could technically sign Morgan back and be better than last year - without our young guys taking a step forward. 

OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Some interesting stuff from Peter King on the Russell Wilson contract deadline demand in his column today.

This is pretty much exactly what I laid out. The deadline was based on the fact Wilson would go to a year to year franchise contract if he doesn't get blown away. Kirk Cousins part two but way more coveted. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

This is pretty much exactly what I laid out. The deadline was based on the fact Wilson would go to a year to year franchise contract if he doesn't get blown away. Kirk Cousins part two but way more coveted. 

The Seahawks have an interesting decision to make before the draft, with the Raiders/Giants absolutely loaded with top end draft picks they could play them against each other in a bidding war for Wilson, assuming the Seahawks know he won't ever sign with them long term they will never get a better opportunity to get a kings ransom for him.

OILERMAN   
12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Seahawks have an interesting decision to make before the draft, with the Raiders/Giants absolutely loaded with top end draft picks they could play them against each other in a bidding war for Wilson, assuming the Seahawks know he won't ever sign with them long term they will never get a better opportunity to get a kings ransom for him.

No way can they let Wilson go, they’ll franchise him twice minimum 

Face   
2 hours ago, Somedude said:

Still, kinda let down the only pass rusher we got in FA is 37 who will likely be gone after this season.

The thing is he's an awesome pass rusher. Sure, at that age he can fall off a cliff at anytime but I think he had at least a year of prime play left based on how he finished the year up & the shape he's in. Edge rushers play a long time.

I think Wake is being pretty underrated around here due to his age. The guy has been dominant for a decade now. Everybody wanted guys like ZaDarius Smith but I can assure you that Wake blows him away coming off the edge.

The board is going to be pleasantly surprised when they see this dude rush the passer.

You have to lull the elite QBs into making mistakes. You cannot outsmart them on a play by play basis, and you can’t beat them with pure man or zone. You can manipulate them though if your front four is getting pressure. That’s when the timing gets off. You can only scheme so much before the elite QBs pick you apart. 

As face said, Wake is an underrated signing. Think about the numbers with Landry last year. He was flying off the ball and getting quite a few hurries every game. Those didn’t turn into sacks because Casey was being constantly doubled and Orakpo fell off a cliff. As long as Wake is used properly it creates a situation where Casey can’t be doubled unless they’re keeping someone in to block. You add a penetrating DL to this group and I think we are a top 3 defense. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny