Jonboy

2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

McLaurin is a guy I really like.  Would be a good fit.  They need another edge guy too so I guess we'll just see how the first round plays out.  Any chance they take a TE or an Olineman in the first round, target a guy like McLaurin on day 2 and then wait until the 3rd round to address OLB?  Everyone assumed when they brought Wake in that he would be more of a situational guy but I've heard a lot of talk that the guy is still playing at a high level and maybe they expect him to be the full-time starter opposite Landry.

Love McLaurin. I think from Day 1 you are getting a special teams standout and a big play guy on the outside. Really hope he makes it to Round 3, but he could go late 2nd or early 3rd. 

tgo   
Just now, titanskick8851 said:

No chance in hell. He could be gone before we pick in the 1st.

Oh come on, Bradbury isn’t going before our pick in the first. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

A lot of people thought he could go 16 to the Panthers before Free Agency but now they signed Paradis so they should be good. He could also be in play for the Vikings at 18 and the Ravens at 22/Texans at 23.

No one has given a good answer on what you do if the defensive players we covet are all gone. If we can’t find a trade down partner, who do you take? 

Edited by titanskick8851

tgo   
2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

A lot of people thought he could go 16 to the Panthers before Free Agency but now they signed Paradis so they should be good. He could also be in play for the Vikings at 18 and the Ravens at 22/Texans at 23.

No one has given a good answer on what you do if the defensive players we covet are all gone. If we can’t find a trade down partner, who do you take? 

Simmons. He won’t be gone regardless. 

One of: Simmons, Wilkins, Hockenson will be there. 

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

Simmons. He won’t be gone regardless. 

One of: Simmons, Wilkins, Hockenson will be there. 

Simmons is definitely in the consideration, but it comes down to how the board will look when we are up and who they have rated higher.

Obviously with Simmons they would have to decide if waiting the year is worth it (which you have to assume). I think most of us would say so. 

If if we really like Wilkins, we need to hope Oliver falls down a little bit. I think Atlanta will be after IDL as well.

1 hour ago, Huston said:

The biggest need to date is another interior pass rusher, expecting Casey to keep playing Batman with no Robin is criminal.

Our interest in Suh last year tells me we're not against this idea

3 hours ago, WurthDraft said:

Bradbury would be a perfectly fine pick at 19. Not sure if they'd make that pick, but they've clearly shown they want to upgrade the interior. If he's available, they should absolutely consider him. Jones is also on the last year of his deal so why not upgrade if you can? You could kick him to guard, let he and Kline compete and cut/do whatever with the loser. 

Personally, I still want to take a pass rusher in the first round. However, if they want to upgrade the IOL, by all means, I'm chill with that too. 

I think if I'm Jrob/Vrabel and I'm serious about the Oline restructure,  you can still draft Bradbury and play him at RG while Jones continues the C duties. So Jones makes the line calls and Bradbury learns from him. 

Then the next year Jones is a FA.. and we are all pretty sure he's gone, Bradbury moves to C and things proceed without a hitch. 

Edited by titanruss

Justafan   
7 hours ago, titanruss said:

I think if I'm Jrob/Vrabel and I'm serious about the Oline restructure,  you can still draft Bradbury and play him at RG while Jones continues the C duties. So Jones makes the line calls and Bradbury learns from him. 

Then the next year Jones is a FA.. and we are all pretty sure he's gone, Bradbury moves to C and things proceed without a hitch. 

What do you do with Kline in that scenario.  His contract is fully guaranteed so he would become the highest paid backup in history.

I think Jones is the cut candidate if they did decide to draft Bradbury.  For the record, I think that's a longshot at this point.  I expect them to add another body but not in the first.  More likely around the fourth.  

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Ehhhh I’m not so sure about that. Brugler thinks he’s going in the teens FWIW.