2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

Jonboy

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Pruitt is 6'2, 250 so he has the build and is athletic enough (sub 4.6, 38 inch vertical), to definitely play that role on occasion.  Firkser was a FB at Havard although he might not be physical enough for that role although he weighs 246 pounds.  Jannu has had a few reps at FB.  I'd consider giving Fluellen some reps (5'11, 225) if he makes the team.  He is active as a backup RB and plays STs.  Fluellen's main issue is staying healthy going all the way back to college. 

TE in general should be a fairly high need area.  Walker with his age and coming off injury, Smith coming off the knee injury, Pruitt and Firkser are decent but not starting material.  Whoever we draft would be a pick for now and the future assuming we want to run 12 personnel a bunch. 

I thought Firkser was a WR at Harvard? He played FB?

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I think I read that Suh prefers to stay on the west coast - so that would mean the 3 NFC West teams, Raiders, or Chargers.  It won't surprise me to see him re-sign with the Rams.

Early reports i heard were he wasnt likely to come back there. To me he has Raider written all over him.

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah, unless of course Hockenson will be our new inline TE!

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

With Wake now on the roster, I'm warming to the idea of Hockenson at 19.  I have no idea what to think about Delanie.  I don't want to write Walker off, he's been the offense's best player but 35 coming off that injury.  Projecting based on history is not encouraging. 

3 hours ago, tgo said:

I mean, I'm assuming Walker comes back relatively "full strength" this year, albeit slightly dimished due to age and missing a year. 

But even so, he's not a true inline tight end. 

And by the way, even if Hockenson were drafted, we'd still probably need an H-Back or FB. I really want to draft Trevon Wesco regardless of what else happens, unless we sign a real H back like Hewitt or a fullback like Anthony Sherman or Bohanon. 

I think if you want a strong, intricate run, truly versatile offense and run game, you need a true inline TE, a move tight end, AND an H-back or FB. 

I agree.  A true blocking TE who could catch the occasional pass is a need.  I'd like to see a FB and just some nasty blocking guys who can help out Henry.  I want to see an offense that is just really really tough to stop on 3rd down which compliments a nasty defense.  

If they want that inline TE to be a pass threat as well, then I think Hockenson becomes more attractive.  He's a fantastic prospect.  

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Oh?

Pruitt has never played FB.  

Good luck with this line of thinking guys.

I've been beating this drum for 2 days, and it's like swimming upstream against a torrential flood around here.

There's bodies, and there's some potential maybe, and that seems to be good enough for some members.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

• Jonboy unpinned this topic