2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I really think we made moves to take an offensive playmaker at 19 and a defender in the secons round. 

Yeah, I think the board is just going to fall that way. I did my entire 1st Round projection earlier today. I can easily see Bosa, Allen, Williams, Sweat, Gary, Oliver, Wilkins, and Burns all off the board before we pick. That would be unfortunate, but it also would not be the worst thing. We can hopefully either take a really good Offensive prospect (Bradbury, Hockenson, Whomever you consider WR1) or potentially trade back to get additional picks (but as Jrob says, "you need a dancing partner")

I think they are targeting DL in the 2nd or 3rd round as they have met with or will meet with Mack/Wren/Saunders/Wise so far that we know.

Edited by titanskick8851

41 minutes ago, headhunter said:
30 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Yeah, I think the board is just going to fall that way. I did my entire 1st Round projection earlier today. I can easily see Bosa, Allen, Williams, Sweat, Gary, Oliver, Wilkins, and Burns all off the board before we pick. That would be unfortunate, but it also would not be the worst thing. We can hopefully either take a really good Offensive prospect (Bradbury, Hockenson, Whomever you consider WR1) or potentially trade back to get additional picks (but as Jrob says, "you need a dancing partner")

I think they are targeting DL in the 2nd or 3rd round as they have met with or will meet with Mack/Wren/Saunders/Wise so far that we know.

Robinson is transparent and truthful about his intentions, and I'm not seeing WR being in play at all in round 1.  If the goal is to add a play maker this year , I'm not sure anyone in the draft makes sense.  Hockensen should be plug and play, but I'd be surprised to see him get much more than 500 yards in his first year.  DT/OLB makes about a thousand times more sense, as we really don't have any investment in a young pass rusher other than Landry, and the WR group is deep.

3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

That's too bad, he would have made a good #2 behind Corey.

He had fewer yards than Taylor last year.  Hell, his last two years combined hardly add up to Taylor's production last year.  What are you seeing?

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Jordy Nelson just got released.  Hopefully, they kick the tires.

Think a deep threat speed guy in the draft is more likely than another veteran WR at this point.

Could see JRob being interested in Ohio St WR Terry McLaurin on day 2 of the draft.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think a deep threat speed guy in the draft is more likely than another veteran WR at this point.

Could see JRob being interested in Ohio St WR Terry McLaurin on day 2 of the draft.

McLaurin is a guy I really like.  Would be a good fit.  They need another edge guy too so I guess we'll just see how the first round plays out.  Any chance they take a TE or an Olineman in the first round, target a guy like McLaurin on day 2 and then wait until the 3rd round to address OLB?  Everyone assumed when they brought Wake in that he would be more of a situational guy but I've heard a lot of talk that the guy is still playing at a high level and maybe they expect him to be the full-time starter opposite Landry.

17 minutes ago, tgo said:

He’s a slot only. 

He played every WR starting position and ran every route the Eagles had in his 1st two years in the league.  His two best year BTW.

The fact that Philly has only used him from the slot may be why his production is down from his 1st two years.

But he still averaged 15 YPC last year, and caught 71% of his targets.

Doesn't matter now, he's Frisco's.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

• Jonboy unpinned this topic