Jonboy

2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

6 minutes ago, bondra316v2 said:

I'm convinced JRob wants one of those Iowa TE's.  He's got his Welker, now I think he's going to get his Gronk.  Just makes sense.  At least in my head.

I was working on my mock draft after FA signings and it is becoming more clear that most of the pass rushers will be off the board by the time we get to 19. I think Hockenson and Bradbury will still be there and they'll have to decide if they want to take an elite player at TE/OL or trade down or reach/settle for a need that doesn't match the value. I think Simmons is definitely in play, but they may want to try and drop down a little and pick him up since he won't play much (if at all) this year. 

I know some thing Simmons to the Eagles is his bottom, but with the Eagles doing almost nothing at RB, I think you can lock Joshua Jacobs to them at 25.

ctm   
9 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I was working on my mock draft after FA signings and it is becoming more clear that most of the pass rushers will be off the board by the time we get to 19. I think Hockenson and Bradbury will still be there and they'll have to decide if they want to take an elite player at TE/OL or trade down or reach/settle for a need that doesn't match the value. I think Simmons is definitely in play, but they may want to try and drop down a little and pick him up since he won't play much (if at all) this year. 

I know some thing Simmons to the Eagles is his bottom, but with the Eagles doing almost nothing at RB, I think you can lock Joshua Jacobs to them at 25.

If JRob is looking for the best combination of players, which he most assuredly is, then TE is much deeper in this draft than IOL.  I'm intrigued by Jace Sternberger since it has been reported that the Titans worked him out.

Soxcat   

Hard to argue Hockenson and or Bradbury could be the BPA when we pick.  Either of them would be about as sure of a pick as JRob could make. 

Torn between Hockenson and Bradbury if they are BPA at 19.  Hockenson could be our Gronk.  Jonnu could then serve as a WR until needed as the 2nd TE in a year or two. 

Bradbury would be a solidifying force in the center of the OL.  Jones could then join Kline and others to fight it out for the RG position.  Loser gets cut.

Simmons could also be in consideration, but the options above are more certain.

pro

1 hour ago, bondra316v2 said:

I'm convinced JRob wants one of those Iowa TE's.  He's got his Welker, now I think he's going to get his Gronk.  Just makes sense.  At least in my head.

I'm likin' the way you think.

tgo   
1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

Speaking of Gronk, is there any possibility he could be traded? 

No. 

earlers   

Titans will be a perennial 8-8 or 9-7 team....if the Browns can attract players before the Titans then they'll never get ahead. Titans are forced to have to hit a home run on every draft pick or else.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Jonnu is not a WR guys, jeez.

Granted Jonnu has played and was signed as a TE.  However, he has the speed and can run a route tree of a #2 WR.   His size also gives a definite advantage over most CBs.  

I agree that his future is as our replacement TE.  My WR thoughts would be short-term.  It is a shame to waste his catch-and-run abilities on the bench in 2019-20.

pro

abc2330   
36 minutes ago, earlers said:

Titans will be a perennial 8-8 or 9-7 team....if the Browns can attract players before the Titans then they'll never get ahead. Titans are forced to have to hit a home run on every draft pick or else.

We literally just beat out NE for a player.  Try to keep up.