Jonboy

2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Interesting it looks like the Chiefs have substituted their pass rushers for a better quality secondary.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up in April for a young stud pass rusher.

Huston   
1 hour ago, tgo said:

The best deal Lynch has done so far.

Edited by Huston

Carpy   
2 hours ago, Huston said:

I was just looking through the contract structures and they are curious.  Saffold and Humphries deals have much bigger cap hit in 2020 than 2019.

We will have a number of extensions to issue next year, so surprised that they aren't saving more cap space for that.

Also, Suh ended up signing a one-year $14m deal last year.  Not out of the question that we could get him for a similar deal this year (or slightly less).  I certainly don't see another 3-4 year contract for someone, but wouldn't be surprised if we dish out a 1 year deal to someone that is a potential difference maker on the D-Line.

OILERMAN   
Just now, Carpy said:

I was just looking through the contract structures and they are curious.  Saffold and Humphries deals have much bigger cap hit in 2020 than 2019.

We will have a number of extensions to issue next year, so surprised that they aren't saving more cap space for that.

Potential 20.9 mill freed up in 2020 :)

Huston   
26 minutes ago, Carpy said:

Also, Suh ended up signing a one-year $14m deal last year.  Not out of the question that we could get him for a similar deal this year (or slightly less).  I certainly don't see another 3-4 year contract for someone, but wouldn't be surprised if we dish out a 1 year deal to someone that is a potential difference maker on the D-Line.

I think they are fine next year either way, there are about 5 players with 4 to 5 million dollar cap numbers that will more then likely get released or not resigned. And Marcus has got to count ton against the cap this year anyway so a new contract for him or anyone else can be structured to be pretty close to the same IMO.

ctm   

Titans will have a lot of cap space going into 2020.  But they potentially have to deal with the contracts of MM, Henry, Byard, Conklin, Ryan and a long list of scrubs.

Edited by ctm