2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

Jonboy

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

This is pretty much exactly what I laid out. The deadline was based on the fact Wilson would go to a year to year franchise contract if he doesn't get blown away. Kirk Cousins part two but way more coveted. 

The Seahawks have an interesting decision to make before the draft, with the Raiders/Giants absolutely loaded with top end draft picks they could play them against each other in a bidding war for Wilson, assuming the Seahawks know he won't ever sign with them long term they will never get a better opportunity to get a kings ransom for him.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Seahawks have an interesting decision to make before the draft, with the Raiders/Giants absolutely loaded with top end draft picks they could play them against each other in a bidding war for Wilson, assuming the Seahawks know he won't ever sign with them long term they will never get a better opportunity to get a kings ransom for him.

No way can they let Wilson go, they’ll franchise him twice minimum 

2 hours ago, Somedude said:

Still, kinda let down the only pass rusher we got in FA is 37 who will likely be gone after this season.

The thing is he's an awesome pass rusher. Sure, at that age he can fall off a cliff at anytime but I think he had at least a year of prime play left based on how he finished the year up & the shape he's in. Edge rushers play a long time.

I think Wake is being pretty underrated around here due to his age. The guy has been dominant for a decade now. Everybody wanted guys like ZaDarius Smith but I can assure you that Wake blows him away coming off the edge.

The board is going to be pleasantly surprised when they see this dude rush the passer.

You have to lull the elite QBs into making mistakes. You cannot outsmart them on a play by play basis, and you can’t beat them with pure man or zone. You can manipulate them though if your front four is getting pressure. That’s when the timing gets off. You can only scheme so much before the elite QBs pick you apart. 

As face said, Wake is an underrated signing. Think about the numbers with Landry last year. He was flying off the ball and getting quite a few hurries every game. Those didn’t turn into sacks because Casey was being constantly doubled and Orakpo fell off a cliff. As long as Wake is used properly it creates a situation where Casey can’t be doubled unless they’re keeping someone in to block. You add a penetrating DL to this group and I think we are a top 3 defense. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

I think we have to sign another guy outside regardless of the draft. Landry actually excelled at setting the edge later in the year. Still, he’s a pass rusher and not a guy you want being at 75% in the 4th quarter. His primary focus should be to get after the quarterback. 

Finch has dealt with a ton of injuries, as has Landry, and Wake is old though still a beast. 

We need to sign a guy that can set the edge so we can draft a pure pass rusher. We shouldn’t rely on a rotation of Wake, Landry, and Finch. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

35 minutes ago, Face said:

The thing is he's an awesome pass rusher. Sure, at that age he can fall off a cliff at anytime but I think he had at least a year of prime play left based on how he finished the year up & the shape he's in. Edge rushers play a long time.

I think Wake is being pretty underrated around here due to his age. The guy has been dominant for a decade now. Everybody wanted guys like ZaDarius Smith but I can assure you that Wake blows him away coming off the edge.

The board is going to be pleasantly surprised when they see this dude rush the passer.

Plus the dude started late and he's a certified personal trainer who seriously takes care of himself.  Honestly, I think he's an awesome addition.  They should keep him down to around 60% of snaps so he can stay fresh and be the terror he was meant to be on third downs but that's only about 10% less snaps than what Orakpo played last year and guys like Finch made a serious push for more playing time.

Add a rookie to help rotate out and they have Correa too who can play on run downs and give the other guys breathers and we're fine.  Orakpo and Morgan combined for fewer pressures and sacks than Wake had on far fewer snaps.  He's a huge upgrade. 

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Some think they are considering taking the kings ransom and going back to their QB on a rookie contract model.

Carroll is up there in age. I don't think there is a chance in hell they trade him. A rookie contract don't mean shit compared to a franchise QB. 

If they do we better be the first ones on the phone

Wake just has to be better than orakpo and we should be much better overall pass rushing.   We can sign a guy off the street to be as good as Morgan in run defense and the young guys will be a year better. They should all have a full offseason as well... which I do t think Landry or Evans got last year. 

There is pretty much zero price teams could pay to take Russell Wilson away this season... and there’s no rookie QBs enticing enough to make you think twice until next season. Even then it’d be dumb. 

7 hours ago, Somedude said:

Still, kinda let down the only pass rusher we got in FA is 37 who will likely be gone after this season.

Which makes me scratch my head when I see people saying we would take a WR or OL at 19.  Insanity.  DL or Edge are the biggest need positions.

Just now, japan said:

Which makes me scratch my head when I see people saying we would take a WR or OL at 19.  Insanity.  DL or Edge are the biggest need positions.

Yeah so the point is that if there isn't a good enough DL or Edge left then you have to take another position eh? Obviously DL/OLB are the biggest needs. If the right DL/OLB is there then you take them. But it looks like it's entirely possible that the only top DL left could be Lawrence, and hopefully they don't take someone like Ferrell at edge. 

Or you just draft based on need and take a 2nd round type player over a 1st round type player?

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Yeah so the point is that if there isn't a good enough DL or Edge left then you have to take another position eh? Obviously DL/OLB are the biggest needs. If the right DL/OLB is there then you take them. But it looks like it's entirely possible that the only top DL left could be Lawrence, and hopefully they don't take someone like Ferrell at edge. 

Or you just draft based on need and take a 2nd round type player over a 1st round type player?

Trade back if that's the case.  Or up to get your rusher.  I know trading up makes a lot of people weak in the knees...  Let's not stay stuck thinking like Webster.  I mean, JRob has a track record for not just letting the draft come to him.

Edited by japan