2019 Free Agency News & Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I've been making that argument for days now Sox. 

No one, not even me is/are using it as a prediction, but the pushback from TR members has been formidable.

No one wants to take a TE in the 1st for some reason.  Ignoring the fact that Hockenson will go in the 1st whether JRob takes him or not.

I am going to laugh a little if he's already gone by 19 though.

There is too much DL talent out there to even consider a TE.  If you could guarantee that Hock would be a Gronk you could consider him in one, but there are

guarantees of that .  Just look at the franchis tag for a TE vs a pass rusher and you have your answer as to why no TE in one.

7 minutes ago, h4t said:

There is too much DL talent out there to even consider a TE.  If you could guarantee that Hock would be a Gronk you could consider him in one, but there are

guarantees of that .  Just look at the franchis tag for a TE vs a pass rusher and you have your answer as to why no TE in one.

There's no "guarantees" of anything in the draft.  Kevin Dodd?

Yes there is plenty of D-Line talent this year.  Likely enough that you don't need to take one in Rnd1.

You want to guarantee you get the next Cam Wake, you acquire Cam Wake as a Free Agent.

That's as much guarantee as you get, and it isn't in the draft.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, abc2330 said:

We literally just beat out NE for a player.  Try to keep up.

? you can't be serious... for a guy who gets attention because he plays with 2 elite receivers. 

6 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I wouldn't be upset if we took Hockenson, but its wishful thinking at best to me

We're very clearly looking at DL/OL

No one I know is predicting it, and JRob probably won't.

But if the cream of the crop of Edge players are gone, then he should, rather than settle for a lesser Edge player.

I wouldn't be against trading a late round pick to either the 49ers for Matt Breida or the Browns for Duke Johnson, both could be available and both could be really valuable depth in our RB group, there must be some concerns by how much Dion Lewis slowed down late last season.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic