Bucs "Actively Shopping" DeSean Jackson

Jonboy

On the eve of the NFL's legal tampering period, multiple sources told ESPN that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been actively shopping wide receiver DeSean Jackson for a potential trade and that the Philadelphia Eagles would be a preferred destination for Jackson.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26225460/bucs-shopping-desean-eagles-possible

8 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

Of course Jrob is in. He's a gangster and smells blood in the water. I could see AB DJax taking a pay cut for guaranteed money and love on sign on bonus...

I'm just going to copy and paste good comments from the AB thread.  Lot easier than think up new stuff to say.

Edited by Number9

More and more I'm going around to the idea of flipping late round picks for veterans. Obviously, top 3 picks aren't really what I am thinking about here, and we should still be cautious with 4 and 5--but the deal Washington made for Keenum comes to mind as the kind of thing that would really have helped us out and really had a minimal negative cost. I am not sure what Jackson would require in terms of compensation, but I hope we are looking at some of these vets and possibly exploring trade options. 

We know JRob would like to add an experienced veteran WR, and every team loves guys who can stretch the field.   DJax strikes me as a guy who could fill both roles... but at what price?   He was slated to make $10M this year....which obviously ain't gonna happen.   

I seem to recall some questions as to his character and attitude earlier in his career....but it seems like he's quieted down in recent years.   I don't know if that means he's matured.....but I no longer get the impression that he'd be a problem in the locker room.  

13 minutes ago, nine said:

We know JRob would like to add an experienced veteran WR, and every team loves guys who can stretch the field.   DJax strikes me as a guy who could fill both roles... but at what price?   He was slated to make $10M this year....which obviously ain't gonna happen.   

I seem to recall some questions as to his character and attitude earlier in his career....but it seems like he's quieted down in recent years.   I don't know if that means he's matured.....but I no longer get the impression that he'd be a problem in the locker room.  

He was a huge problem in the locker room in Tampa, multiple reports indicated he was a locker room cancer and was missing meetings, late for meetings, etc. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

He was a huge problem in the locker room in Tampa, multiple reports indicated he was a locker room cancer and was missing meetings, late for meetings, etc. 

With our current QB/Offense situation. Whoever you want to blame. It just seems like the wrong thing to do to bring in me-first receivers like DeSean Jackson or even Antonio Brown.

Draft one maybe, sign a vet, but to invest in a "name" seems like a mistake with doubts on what we'll be at QB a year from now.

22 minutes ago, tgo said:

Really?  I wasn’t aware of that.  In that case...hard pass.  

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

With our current QB/Offense situation. Whoever you want to blame. It just seems like the wrong thing to do to bring in me-first receivers like DeSean Jackson or even Antonio Brown.

Draft one maybe, sign a vet, but to invest in a "name" seems like a mistake with doubts on what we'll be at QB a year from now.

Exactly.  

Sign someone like Tate, Humphries, Beasley, or Hogan.  Guys who run good routes, will block, and have good hands