1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

giphy.gif

Rolls yours eyes all you want. You're the one prejudging a movie before actually seeing it bc of some fabricated controversy due to tons of bot accounts and trolls trying to show divisions. 

1 minute ago, reo said:

Rolls yours eyes all you want. You're the one prejudging a movie before actually seeing it bc of some fabricated controversy due to tons of bot accounts and trolls trying to show divisions. 

Don't tell him that many on GoT have voiced their political views.  He may boycott the final season.  (Pssst... Nash ... don't google the actresses for Sansa and Arya)

We can't have the dreaded Social Justice WARRIORS ruining his entertainment by voicing their opinions.

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

And from that very same article:

So, how is the feminist-themed "Captain Marvel" faring at Rotten Tomatoes after the purge? Not great. While it's crushing it at the box office and it still enjoys a solid 80% among critics (down from about 92% in the early reviews),

the film has still failed to get to a "fresh" rating among viewers. It currently sits at a "spilled popcorn" 58% in its audience score

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, reo said:

K.

9 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Don't tell him that many on GoT have voiced their political views.  He may boycott the final season.  (Pssst... Nash ... don't google the actresses for Sansa and Arya)

We can't have the dreaded Social Justice WARRIORS ruining his entertainment by voicing their opinions.

Trust me, Snarky Sarcastington... it's truly a shock to me if I find out there are any actors/actresses who lean the least bit away from the left toward the middle.

Sorry... I shall be fully enjoying season 8 with no reservations over Ms Turner's or Ms Williams' leanings.

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

And from that very same article:

giphy.gif

Wait.  I showed you were blatantly W-R-O-N-G and you think it is a victory because a movie I "liked" has a low score?  (I learned a while back not to care what other people think of the things I enjoy... it's like arguing over SNES/Genesis or pizza toppings.)

Silver linings, I guess?  

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

Wait.  I showed you were blatantly W-R-O-N-G and you think it is a victory because a movie I "liked" has a low score?  (I learned a while back not to care what other people think of the things I enjoy... it's like arguing over SNES/Genesis or pizza toppings.)

Silver linings, I guess?  

No, I showed you that in spite of removing the troll accounts the movie still didn't score well. You can take that as an L or a W... idgaf. I'm not trying to convince you that you didn't like the fucking thing. Like whatever you want. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

No, I showed you that in spite of removing the troll accounts the movie still didn't score well. You can take that as an L or a W... idgaf. I'm not trying to convince you that you didn't like the fucking thing. Like whatever you want. 

Does anyone care if it scores well or not? 

It doesn't make the trolling from fake accounts any more relevant. 

1 hour ago, reo said:

Does anyone care if it scores well or not? 

Disney, probably. Of course the score they're concerned with has this symbol ($) attached to it.

1 hour ago, reo said:

It doesn't make the trolling from fake accounts any more relevant. 

If you liked that then you're gonna love this:

19 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You have to sign in with an account to rate movies on their site. Trolls maybe. Bots? Pretty sure no.

Btw... who do you think the target fans are of movies like Captain Marvel and Avengers? Maybe not quite 40 year olds, but there's a healthy dose of male in that target audience. I mean, they're by far the biggest group of consumers of that stuff.

I could say that I've conducted a study that notes that all or most critics of white men tend to be women, but I doubt you'd believe the study. 

Anyway, I'll see it eventually just because I'm already invested in the MCU story arc and want to see how it plays out. But... fuck all this noise surrounding it. I'm tired of politics seeping into every aspect of every fucking thing. You think it's a coincidence I don't spend much time in the political sub? Are we not going to be allowed to take a bite of a ham sandwich soon without having to talk about the politics of how it got to our mouths?

I saw Black Panther after it hit OnDemand. I just didn't make it to the theater to see it but it was a really good movie from what I remember of it. Maybe it's because I wasn't looking for it or didn't know I was supposed to, but I didn't notice much identity politics in it. I mean, I noticed all the black people in the movie but I don't see how you can have a movie that's mostly about African people in an African continent ... without having African people in it.

The SJW/political low key stuff was an annoyance in The Last Jedi, but it was far from the most irritating thing about it. What wrecks that movie for me is what Rian Johnson did with Luke Skywalker's character. A 30 years younger Jedi, less wise in the force, was able to save the most heinous, Jedi-killing, universe oppressing villian in that universe from the dark side after he'd already been turned for over 20 years... but a 30 years older, wiser and stronger Jedi, was about to chop his own nephew in half because of a moment of doubt while he was asleep? A guy who hadn't actually turned to the dark side yet? At least in Return Of The Jedi you could understand why Luke snapped and went after Vader. He was being manipulated by Darth Sidious at the moment the rebel fleet and resistance was being ambushed and skull fucked by the empire. But even in that moment, right before Luke was going to kill Vader, he stopped.

Nevermind all the other bullshit in the movie, like the Space Adventures of Leia Poppins, the handling of Snoke, Rose coming out of nowhere to save Finn for a ridiculous romantic moment, the non-sense of the Rebel ship being just far enough out of range that the big bad First Order ship can do nothing about it except wait for it to run out of gas, the constant bitching from nega-Luke about how the Jedi order has to end only to see him whine like a bitch when Yoda appears out of nowhere to burn the ancient Jedi texts for him, etc etc.

Yeah, Rian Johnson can miss the fuck out of me with all that.

Yes I would expect a movie based in Africa to have a majority black or even all black cast. It wasn't the movie itself, that I turned away. It was the whole media coverage on it that turned me off. All the people arguing over the race of the cast members and after TLJ I just have had enough of it all. 

And yeah TLJ was bad for like 100 reasons. The political agenda just being 1 of them. It was sad because TFA, while it wasn't my favorite ,one thing was that it did a good job of setting up TLJ for success. Rian Johnson literally had so many different directions he could have taken things and they all would have been good. Instead he just shit on everything and lit it on fire. 

Disney, probably. Of course the score they're concerned with has this symbol ($) attached to it.

Disney is going to troll it's own movie with poor ratings? You think they thought a marvel movie starring a female lead needed help of a controversy?? Come on man.

And even if so, you got played. Whoever it was wanted to trigger you. It worked. You got played.

If you liked that then you're gonna love this:

What? That the theater is empty? Why should I care?

25 minutes ago, reo said:

Disney is going to troll it's own movie with poor ratings? You think they thought a marvel movie starring a female lead needed help of a controversy?? Come on man.

Oh, I think you know that wasn't at all what I was saying.

25 minutes ago, reo said:

And even if so, you got played. Whoever it was wanted to trigger you. It worked. You got played.

The only person trying to trigger me is you with this babble.