Recommended Posts

I liked it.  I especially liked the soundtrack. 

 

Spoilers - duh

 

I likes the charm and light humor of Cap M throughout the movie. I was reminded of Hot Tub Time Machine when they waited for a guy to lose his arm as Nick Fury kept getting hit in the eye (he has both eyes to start the movie).

 

Im not familiar with the comics, but I thought the Skrul were bad guys. 

 

I loved the “god-mode” at the end. I’m not sure how they will do future movies, but this is the same thing I like to see from the Hulk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first heard about the movie I was looking forward to seeing it based on how Infinity War ended. Then Brie Larson started talking. I mean, if she doesn't care what 40 year old white dudes think of her movies then she must not want a 40 year old white dude's money. I also didn't like how Rotten Tomatoes bent over backwards for Disney when they removed the "Want To See It" scores based on some troll narrative to hide the fact that all the new age feminist PR was killing buzz about the movie.

 

I digress... I still want to eventually see the thing just because I want to see how it ties into what happens with Infinity War/Endgame, but from what I've heard from those who've seen it and aren't gushing all over it is how they've tried to introduce her as some Superman-esque mary sue, which would be extremely irritating for me. Endgame needs to be about Cap and Iron Man, not some Joanna Come Lately. But Marvel hasn't had a really great movie since Civil War. All the Thor movies bored me, although Ragnarok was funny. Dr Strange was pretty good. Which I don't understand about Infinity War... how/why was Thanos able to just overpower everyone, even Dr Strange with his abilities and the time stone? Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't know all the backstories to these characters so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

When I first heard about the movie I was looking forward to seeing it based on how Infinity War ended. Then Brie Larson started talking. I mean, if she doesn't care what 40 year old white dudes think of her movies then she must not want a 40 year old white dude's money. I also didn't like how Rotten Tomatoes bent over backwards for Disney when they removed the "Want To See It" scores based on some troll narrative to hide the fact that all the new age feminist PR was killing buzz about the movie.

 

I digress... I still want to eventually see the thing just because I want to see how it ties into what happens with Infinity War/Endgame, but from what I've heard from those who've seen it and aren't gushing all over it is how they've tried to introduce her as some Superman-esque mary sue, which would be extremely irritating for me. Endgame needs to be about Cap and Iron Man, not some Joanna Come Lately. But Marvel hasn't had a really great movie since Civil War. All the Thor movies bored me, although Ragnarok was funny. Dr Strange was pretty good. Which I don't understand about Infinity War... how/why was Thanos able to just overpower everyone, even Dr Strange with his abilities and the time stone? Granted, I'm not a comic book guy so I don't know all the backstories to these characters so...

You sound like you swim in alt-right incel waters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I also didn't like how Rotten Tomatoes bent over backwards for Disney when they removed the "Want To See It" scores based on some troll narrative to hide the fact that all the new age feminist PR was killing buzz about the movie.

 

This film was unfairly targeted by trolls though. At one point yesterday it had 58,000 user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes after less than 24 hours which is more than the 53,000 Infinity War has right now.

 

So it seems pretty obvious most of those reviewers giving it 1 star hadn't seen it yet buy just wanted to hate on it. People apparenlty find it worth their time to bot user reviews and stuff. Pretty sad when you think about it.

 

Meanwhile the film is going to be the 7th best opening weekend for a Marvel Studios film behind Infinity War, The Avengers, Black Panther, Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Iron Man 3.

 

Anyway if you like Marvel movies you'll like this one. I suspect they won't just make her show up and beat Thanos all on her own. He's essentially God at this point lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

 

This film was unfairly targeted by trolls though. At one point yesterday it had 58,000 user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes after less than 24 hours which is more than the 53,000 Infinity War has right now.

 

So it seems pretty obvious most of those reviewers giving it 1 star hadn't seen it yet buy just wanted to hate on it. People apparenlty find it worth their time to bot user reviews and stuff. Pretty sad when you think about it.

 

Meanwhile the film is going to be the 7th best opening weekend for a Marvel Studios film behind Infinity War, The Avengers, Black Panther, Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Iron Man 3.

 

Anyway if you like Marvel movies you'll like this one. I suspect they won't just make her show up and beat Thanos all on her own. He's essentially God at this point lol.

I don't doubt that there were trolls behind some of the numbers. The "I Want To See It" score from before they removed that feature a week or two ago was around 27%, so obviously the numbers after it came out didn't reflect those. Comic book movies have been a particular target of trolls. Marvel and DC fanboys have been at each other's throats for as long as there have been throats so not all of the bad numbers were due to Larson's stumping.

 

I noticed that the numbers of "Liked it" reviews shot up from the Thursday night showings of the movie. Early Friday it was hovering around 34-36% likes out of maybe 10,000 people. It went from there to around 40% out of roughly 20k. It's since shot up to around 55% out of 41,000. It's weird though because I see people saying out of 50,000, some are saying less, so I don't understand Rotten Tomatoes refresh software. I don't know if it judges it based on geographic location or whatever.

 

As far as ranking it with the other Marvel movies where would you put it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranking in marvel:

Better than most of the sequels (beside Thor 3). I really liked the Antman movies, so I’d put it just below those since CM was less laughter and more ass-kicking. 

 

For an origin, I was happy that the big bad wasn’t a mirror match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Whatever that means.

Incel = involuntarily celibate. Online community that whines together into hatred of women, “chads”, and society and blames them for their situation and lack of sex and overall success. 

 

Read recently that they targeted CM and hyped the anime movie Alita. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Whatever that means.

It means you fell victim to fake news. Larson isnt out there claiming 40 year old white dudes shouldn't see her movie. The narrative was invented by 40 year old white dudes who dont like non white Male leads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It means you fell victim to fake news. Larson isnt out there claiming 40 year old white dudes shouldn't see her movie.

 

You're right. She was just claiming their opinion doesnt matter. 

 

She said she doesnt care about what a 40 year old white dude thought about A Wrinkle In Time. Only about what white and biracial women/teens thought. 

 

But what if that white dude was a father of a biracial teen girl? That doesnt matter at all? 

 

I'm sure there are black women/teens that dont give two fucks about it. So if they told her they didnt like it, would she really care? I doubt it. 

 

Here's the moral of the story. Typically celebrities such as actors and actresses never give a fuck about what critics say. So why do you feel the need to single any of them out in the first place?

 

She even got slammed on Social media for acting as a victim because some guy asked for her number.

 

So now guys cant even ask for her number (or potentially other women's #) without being made out to be a perv if they happen to not be interested. She seems to have a problem with men. Or maybe just white men. Idk.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You're right. She was just claiming their opinion doesnt matter. 

 

She said she doesnt care about what a 40 year old white dude thought about A Wrinkle In Time. Only about what white and biracial women/teens thought. 

 

But what if that white dude was a father of a biracial teen girl? That doesnt matter at all? 

 

I'm sure there are black women/teens that dont give two fucks about it. So if they told her they didnt like it, would she really care? I doubt it. 

 

Here's the moral of the story. Typically celebrities such as actors and actresses never give a fuck about what critics say. So why do you feel the need to single any of them out in the first place?

 

She even got slammed on Social media for acting as a victim because some guy asked for her number.

 

So now guys cant even ask for her number without being made out to be a perv? Ridiculous. 

Do you have her exact words regarding the critics/journalists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Do you have her exact words regarding the critics/journalists?

Did you not hear what she said or are you trying to be techincal?

 

If it's the latter you should be aware that to me, anyone who offers their opinion on a movie is a critic, even if they are not paid to do so.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“Am I saying I hate white dudes?” asked the Oscar-winning “Room” actress, a question that she’d repeat twice more during her speech. She answered with a sneer, “No, I’m not … [but if] you make the movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie and review your movie.”

Larson continued, “[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2018/06/brie-larsons-i-do-not-hate-white-dudes-lack-of-inclusion-film-critics-1201974617/amp/

 

In context, talking about a film about minorities, I don’t see a problem with this. Do you get pissed off at Seseme Street if they tell you the show is for toddlers?  

 

There is an endless supply of entertainment options out there. Why people pay attention to those that they aren’t interested in is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Did you not hear what she said or are you trying to be techincal?

 

If it's the latter you should be aware that to me, anyone who offers their opinion on a movie is a critic, even if they are not paid to do so.

I didn’t see a direct quote until I just looked it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.