Suspended Irving says he's quitting, blasts NFL

OILERMAN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26179114/suspended-irving-says-quitting-blasts-nfl

"Basically, guys, I quit," Irving said. "I don't want to talk about a suspension and all this other nonsense. I'm outta there. I'm not doing this s--- no more."

Irving appeared to be smoking marijuana during the video and spoke about how he disagreed with the NFL's policy on the substance.

"It's funny, you know, some people: 'Oh, you're addicted to weed, you're addicted to this and that,'" he said. "I mean s---, if I'm gonna be addicted to something, I'd rather be addicted to marijuana, which is medical -- it's a medicine; I do not consider it a drug -- rather than Xanax bars or the hydros or the seroquel and all that crazy s--- that they feed you.

"Like I said, it's not about smoking weed. How many NBA players you see getting in trouble about this? How many coaches you see getting in trouble about this? How many baseball players? How many UFC players getting in trouble?"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracks me up hearing people(CTF!!!) talk about how great weed is.    Weed had a role in destroying Josh Gordon and now this loser burnout pothead.    https://boldanddetermined.com/

Weed keeps my glass blowing business boomin. We’ve Done almost 20k in bong sales since Sunday. 

I'm sure that Irving and Gordon would have been astrophysicists if not for weed.

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Cracks me up hearing people(CTF!!!) talk about how great weed is. 

Weed had a role in destroying Josh Gordon and now this loser burnout pothead. 

https://boldanddetermined.com/marijuana/

WEED KILLS YOUR DRIVE TO SUCCEED.

Everybody on earth already knows the reality of marijuana, we're simply pretending the negatives don't exist.

Marijuana has a million negative effects and not a single true benefit. Every positive word you have ever heard about marijuana has been a lie promoted by drug addicts.

If you say otherwise you need a swift kick in the ass to get you back on track. I'm here to give you that kick in the ass and show you the reality of the devil's weed.

Yea, but they should still legalize it.  The world needs losers.

Every drug that actually does something has benefits and risks.. I’ve seen some people that have controlled nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy with marijuana , as well as controlling their anxiety over knowing they are likely dying.. are they mentally slowed and sedated? Yes but certainly their benefits out weigh the downside.. on the other hand I’ve also seen an alarming number of head and neck cancers among young (<25) people that were heavy smokers.. so use among teenagers and young adults carries a “special” risk

7 minutes ago, Nash said:

Every drug that actually does something has benefits and risks.. I’ve seen some people that have controlled nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy with marijuana , as well as controlling their anxiety over knowing they are likely dying.. are they mentally slowed and sedated? Yes but certainly their benefits out weigh the downside.. on the other hand I’ve also seen an alarming number of head and neck cancers among young (<25) people that were heavy smokers.. so use among teenagers and young adults carries a “special” risk

We also see some NFL potheads throw their entire careers away because they couldn't stop smoking it 

yep.. I've also seen a number of people that have adopted a marijuana lifestyle, using a condition to justify heavy smoking/edibles ..basically eliminating a productive work life from even being a possibility..

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

We also see some NFL potheads throw their entire careers away because they couldn't stop smoking it 

You truly have to be an idiot or retarded to decide smoking weed is more important than being in the NFL. It blows my mind that a guy would rather smoke weed than make millions of dollars. 

The fact that the NFL has marijuana as a banned substance with severe penalties is a complete joke. They will eventually come around as the US and the rest of the world start to legalize and there becomes less stigma associated with it. With that said, the players who risk everything by smoking it are a special kind of stupid. Make your money and then you have the rest of your life to get high all you want.

The NHL has partnered with Canopy Growth (the largest licenced marijuana producer in the world) to run trials on former players to see if marijuana can be used for pain management and to wean them off opiods. There are clear medical benefits that are becoming more accepted and there is plenty of research going on to discover the plants full medicinal value.