I go with my gut. You can definitely overanalyze with stats and what not. People win office pools that don't watch any college basketball. I don't ever do a ton of research. I use the little sidebars for each matchup to look at points scored, points allowed, conference records for info on teams I don't know anything about. It took me about 5 minutes to fill out my bracket. The only thing a wish they added to that sidebar info is their record in the last 10 games. Getting hot at tournament time can give you momentum in the big dance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I go with my gut. You can definitely overanalyze with stats and what not. People win office pools that don't watch any college basketball. I don't ever do a ton of research. I use the little sidebars for each matchup to look at points scored, points allowed, conference records for info on teams I don't know anything about. It took me about 5 minutes to fill out my bracket. The only thing a wish they added to that sidebar info is their record in the last 10 games. Getting hot at tournament time can give you momentum in the big dance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I did mine in about 5 mins as well. You have a solid tactic for picking. I picked the games that I felt confident to pick, I flipped the google coin for games that I wasn't sure, and (if there still wasn't certainty) I'd choose the team with the sexiest mascot.

Just now, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I did mine in about 5 mins as well. You have a solid tactic for picking. I picked the games that I felt confident to pick, I flipped the google coin for games that I wasn't sure, and (if there still wasn't certainty) I'd choose the team with the sexiest mascot.

Ha-ha. Never considered that tactic. I'm curious to see how that works out for you. I think it was last year when two mascots got in a fight during the game. 

2 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Ha-ha. Never considered that tactic. I'm curious to see how that works out for you. I think it was last year when two mascots got in a fight during the game. 

Let's just say that the Syracuse Orangemen got waaay farther than initially expected!

8MM   
1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

The only thing a wish they added to that sidebar info is their record in the last 10 games.

I thought they included that part?

On 3/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, 8MM said:

I thought they included that part?

Not the one that is linked with our brackets.

Edited by freakingeek

Number9   
18 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

The slaughter begins tomorrow, you sexy mf's.

I already stuck my head out under the ax.

LSU (#3)

Auburn (#5)

Florida State (#4)

Michigan State (#2)

Kansas (#4)

Michigan (#2)

Purdue (#3)

Louisville (#7)  X

All to win.  Eight team parlay.   Got another one, all same teams except Louisville.

Edited by Number9

Bink   
16 hours ago, Number9 said:

I already stuck my head out under the ax.

LSU (#3)

Auburn (#5)

Florida State (#4)

Michigan State (#2)

Kansas (#4)

Michigan (#2)

Purdue (#3)

Louisville (#7)

All to win.  Eight team parlay.   Got another one, all same teams except Louisville.

Of all of these I worry most about LSU. 

Number9   
23 minutes ago, Bink said:

Of all of these I worry most about LSU. 

You think the zebras are going to get them?  I'm thinking they come after them in game two.

Bink   
1 hour ago, Number9 said:

You think the zebras are going to get them?  I'm thinking they come after them in game two.

My thought was that and they are either going to come out focused and connected or distracted and give in. This was definitely my 14 to 3 gamble. Not looking good for me right now, but Yale is hanging in there...meaning zebra time