Jonboy

Chiefs Releasing Justin Houston (Update: Now Official)

reo   
13 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I would be a huge fan of Barr signing. I’ve pulled up the PFF numbers and his pass rusher efficiency rating is one of the best in the league and he was rarely given the green light to pull his ears back and go after the QB.

There was an article about Kyle Van Noy recently about his time with Detroit and how they didn’t know how to use his skill set, then when he got traded to NE, BB had a list of things he saw him as being able to do. From there he took off and he has been huge for NE the past few seasons.

Its all about playing to your players strength. I think Vrabel is someone who will do this with our team.

I'd really like to sign Barr. I think he's go a lot of upside as a pass rusher and his experience as a SAM in a 4-3 would add some very interesting complexity to the defense as he could drop and cover better than most OLBs in a 3-4.

20 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I think Barr will end up being the best value of this FA edge rushing group. I expect Za’Darius Smith to be way overpaid. 

Yeah I thought Smith might be a good pickup initially, but he's leaning toward overpayment now. 

With this being such a sellers market for pass rush, I doubt we have anybody like Sweat in play at 19. It's gonna be a Lindstrom/Bradbury or Simmons. 

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

Get in there JRob!

56 minutes ago, efus50 said:

He is on Vacation

Worse. Houston is not an ex Patriot. 

We have a greater chance of getting Flowers. Even with the higher pricetag.

reo   

I'm still more interested in Barr but I wouldn't mind if they signed Houston instead.

30 yr old OLBs aren't the future though. We'd still need to draft one. Sign Barr and we don't. 

Lol...I know that he can do business via telephone, email, etc....but, who in the fuck ok'd JRob's vacation request during the most important part of free agency?! What's next? Are they gonna let the motherfucker go to Aruba for the draft?