Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

Noah Fant-Hakeem Butler 1&2

Rolltide   

I'm pounding the table for us to draft Noah Fant with our first rd pick. He will be the next great pass receiving TE. I do believe he can play inline. He is big enough at 250 lbs, strong enough(20 reps) and his overall workout was sick. 4.50 40 was clearly the best among TEs and his 6.81 cone was better than most Wrs. He basically played WR at Iowa since they had no good WRs and Hockenson was the starting TE. He was rarely covered by linebackers even lining up outside and beating first rd CBS like Denzel Ward.  

His college statistic that really sticks out is that 24% of his catches were TDs, 26% the last 2 seasons. He can truly stretch the field something that Hockenson cannot do but he is a major weapon in the red zone. I'm pounding the table for this guy!

Hakeem Butler had a monster season in the big 12 with a massive yards per catch. He is the reincarnation of Plaxico Burress who was the 8th pick in the 2000 draft. His timed speed was better than Burress. Huge at 6'5 227 he ran a 4.49 40 with a 36 inch vertical. If he runs a sub 7.00 cone a case could be made for him being the best wide out in the draft. 

Rolltide   

Butler is 6'5, jumped 36 inches and has 35 1/4 inch arms. He totally owns defenders when the ball is throw up high. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hakeem-butler?id=32194255-5416-1833-e211-34b9abca1909

Fant should have no problems as a blocker. He showed good technique in workouts. He is plenty big enough at 249. He is strong enough in the upper body with 20 reps and he is powerful in his lower body based on his vertical and broad jump. I think he improves on his 39.5 vertical on his pro day.  He is supposed to jump as high as 42 inches. 

Rolltide   
12 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

I like butlers ability after the catch. He ragdolls cbs like ive never seen from a wr. 

He is as physically dominant as Corey Davis and Davis played in the MAC. 

If he runs a solid sub 7.00 cone time and checks out on the character issues he should be the first WR taken in the draft. 

Rolltide   

Butler is also an excellent blocker. He will be raping some CB when Henry bounces it outside for long runs.

He owned Oklahoma with 5 catches for 175. Not one of those guys who yukes it up against weak teams and disappears against the best teams. 

Edited by Rolltide

Rolltide   

He is smart enough to be working with Megatron and Boldin. Sounds pretty lucid to me. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/03/01/hakeem-butler-refining-game-under-tutelage-calvin-johnson-anquan-boldin/3031577002/

What about this quote?

"That the man across from you is trying to take your head off, so you have to take their head off first," Butler said

Yeah we don't want guys like that on our team. Let's get some little shit who can't block or get open down the field. 

As for Fant his goal after football is to become an orthopedic surgeon so he is not dumb. 

Rolltide   

He is not dumb at all and he is not a dick or a prima donna either. 

What he does to 190 lb CBs is borderline assault.

Justafan   

@Rolltide , I prefer guys like this in the draft.  Highly productive players with clearly a lot of athleticism.  If they can shore up other needs such as pass rusher and IOL in other ways, then I'm all about getting some weapons to help out our passing offense.  I think both of these guys would be great additions to the team.

Omar   
On 3/5/2019 at 9:25 AM, headhunter said:

Reports are saying Butler is dumb as rocks

Not true at all, met him a few times, and know several people who know him. Cool down to earth kid, very competitive. 

Rolltide   

This is what I think will happen. I think Fant will be off the board by 19. I think the Packers or the Panthers will grab him with both hands. Might even be a top 10 pick his workout is better than Eric Ebron. That means that Hockenson might fall to us and that would be fine since we already have a first rate slot guy in Humphries. 

With Humphries and Hockenson in tow it is unlikely we go WR in rd 2 so my dream draft will probably not materialize. Still the idea of getting Humphries-Fant-Butler all in one year would be insane.