Foles to sign with jags

Ricky

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

They should sign Foles and draft one, tbh.

To me that's a complete waste.  Either give your franchise to Foles or another QB.  Foles is young enough where he can be the long-term QB.

I'd be lukewarm to handing my franchise over to Foles unless I was the Eagles.  I've said that I thought he was terrific in Philly but question how good he'll be away from Pederson.  In fact I still think that Philly should make him their guy long-term.

Edited by scine09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think at this point he just has to disagree/start a fight in every thread.

Nobody gives a shit about tampering.    All teams spend the whole Senior Bowl and Combine tampering.

did you just make up a scenario and say it's reality then complain about the made up scenario?   multiple sources are stating it['s as good as a done deal.  what evidence do you need? a

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Huh? Foles is the perfect situation to mentor a young QB.

It isn't a this or that scenario by any means

They're not going to give Foles all that money and trade up for a QB.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

I have absolutely no interest in the Jaguars getting their hands on Kyler Murray.  I am rooting like heck for the Jaguars to get Foles.

This is where I am. I don't want the Jaguars to hit on a rookie QB. I realize their track record isn't stellar there, but I'd rather them have to spend the money on Foles and make tough choices elsewhere. I definitely didn't want them to get Murray, and am glad he is going to the Cards. If Murray hit, having to contend with him, Watson, and Luck every season would be disgusting. I'm less sold on Haskins, but still don't like what they rookie contract would let them do. 

With Foles, we know what they have. We've seen hit get really hot--but we've also seen him flame out as a starter. As others have said, his ability to be successful outside of Philly isn't a guarantee. 

Foles’ track record suggest that he’s the type of QB who will be a reflection of his overall situation.  

Put him in a good system with a strong supporting cast and he’ll play at a high level and be productive.

Stick him on a mediocre team with a less-than-stellar supporting cast, and he’s probably not so great.

DeFillipo is a sharp guy who had great success as a QB coach working with  Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, but clearly struggled when elevated to OC last year.  And I’d say the Vikings offensive roster was clearly more talented that the roster he’s inheriting in Jax.

Foles would almost certainly be an upgrade over Bortles...but I’m not convinced he makes the Jags offense a force to be reckoned with any more than Cousins did with Minnesota last year.  

Well hes better than Mariota. The AFC south is gonna be tough. I dont see 2 guaranteed wins vs the Jags right now. If they upgrade their skill players on offense and improve their blocking they can beat us just like the Colts and Texans. 

28 minutes ago, nine said:

Foles’ track record suggest that he’s the type of QB who will be a reflection of his overall situation.  

Put him in a good system with a strong supporting cast and he’ll play at a high level and be productive.

Stick him on a mediocre team with a less-than-stellar supporting cast, and he’s probably not so great.

DeFillipo is a sharp guy who had great success as a QB coach working with  Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, but clearly struggled when elevated to OC last year.  And I’d say the Vikings offensive roster was clearly more talented that the roster he’s inheriting in Jax.

Foles would almost certainly be an upgrade over Bortles...but I’m not convinced he makes the Jags offense a force to be reckoned with any more than Cousins did with Minnesota last year.  

Flip was damn good as the OC of the browns a few years ago with nothing at QB. I dont hold Minnesota against him. The OL was terrible and Zimmer was up his ass all year. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Flip was damn good as the OC of the browns a few years ago with nothing at QB. I dont hold Minnesota against him. The OL was terrible and Zimmer was up his ass all year. 

Exactly. Flip wasn’t given complete control in Minnesota. Zimmer was forcing him to run the ball while the offensive line was playing like shit and they get blown up by a few good defenses. 

Flip is a top young offensive mind and it’s exactly why he got a job ASAP after being fired in season. If he doesn’t get

fired by Minnesota he is probably a HC this year. 

40 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Because he makes them better.

And TN's F.O. is still being highlighted as poor F.A. adquirements.
Plus the team's march hasn't been appealing to big names or players who could really be an upgrade. So what gives?

I am in all to see that happening, but the reallity on how this F.O. works has slapped me to many damn times in that matter.

29 minutes ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

And TN's F.O. is still being highlighted as poor F.A. adquirements.
Plus the team's march hasn't been appealing to big names or players who could really be an upgrade. So what gives?

I am in all to see that happening, but the reallity on how this F.O. works has slapped me to many damn times in that matter.

What does that whining have anything to do with Jacksonville getting better with Foles

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

They're not going to give Foles all that money and trade up for a QB.

You're obviously expecting them to give him a long term contract while others who don't want them drafting a QB high (never said anything about trading up, which is what would likely need to happen) are expecting a short term deal

1 or 2 year dollars mean nothing when it comes to drafting a young QB