Titans in on AB (Update: Traded to Raiders for 3rd & 5th)

13 minutes ago, big2033 said:

That's a copout.

Mariota will lead to Mariota to being our QB or he won't. He plays well and consistent, you'll see the offense become his. He doesn't, and itll continue to be ultra-conservative to protect him.

Even if the former happened I never saw AB being patient to wait for us to figure it out. Our offense and our QB's game would never be enough for him.

Good call. If Mariota plays well then the offense will play well. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would actually say the Demarrco Murray trade was huge for turning around the franchise. Did his legs fall off and his ability with it? Yeah, but that first year he really helped change the leadershi

I’m Antonio Brown’s burner account. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, big2033 said:

That's a copout.

Mariota will lead to Mariota to being our QB or he won't. He plays well and consistent, you'll see the offense become his. He doesn't, and itll continue to be ultra-conservative to protect him.

Even if the former happened I never saw AB being patient to wait for us to figure it out. Our offense and our QB's game would never be enough for him.

Just to add onto this the offense wasn’t conservative until the last four or five games. Anyone who says different didn’t watch the games or has no idea what they’re talking about. We were conservative inside of a game plan against the Bills. It lost us the game. Overall we were fairly aggressive with the spread and no huddle. You’re trying to compare it to Mularkey (don’t lie) and it isn’t comparable. 

2 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

Its not JRob being unwilling. This chump ass family never wants to pay big guaranteed money for a star. 

Who was the last player to have a top 5 salary on this team?

This is why I ignored this entire thread. Its pointless.

They made Lewan the highest paid LT in the league last offseason. 

17 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just to add onto this the offense wasn’t conservative until the last four or five games. Anyone who says different didn’t watch the games or has no idea what they’re talking about. We were conservative inside of a game plan against the Bills. It lost us the game. Overall we were fairly aggressive with the spread and no huddle. You’re trying to compare it to Mularkey (don’t lie) and it isn’t comparable. 

I'm not comparing it to Mularkey. Mularkey kept his gameplan on neutral, our current offense is more willing to go outside that.

However, it still leans conservative because our QB led us there.

When he shows promise he gets more opportunities. The problem last year was he either got injured or would have flashes of success followed by head-scratching moments. Some coaches might remain conservative unless you really force their hand.

You just don't know what you're going to get. So you lean conservative as it's the more consistent direction.

The Eagles game we were trailing, Mariota had 43 passes. The Patriots game I don't consider some wide open gameplan. Mariota threw it 24 times and completed it 16. Our defense dominated that game and Mariota was efficient and was aggressive in getting the ball to Davis. I consider 24 passes conservative. 

It's no coincidence that if you look up historically most of Mariota's big passing games are when we're trailing. Some of this is all him, he seems to be more aggressive when he has no choice. Hence the reason Vrabel has said he wants 4th quarter Mariota in the 1st three.

I hope he realizes whether he has 50 passes or 20 he has to let it rip. 

Edited by big2033

7 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

what I get from this is that his talk of not caring about the $ and only wanting a real team and owner that care about him, were all BS. 

Pretty presumptuous no? He wanted to be in San Fran. He has a house in LA. It seems like he pulled it off and the contract was a major part but not the only one. He gets to live closer to his home and make more money. You’re equating the end result with the impetus of why he wanted to leave. I’m not saying you aren’t right either, but it does seem like whatever happened in Pitt ends up with them losing a top 3 RB and top 3 WR in the same year. 

I don't blame the Titans for not making this happen.  It never really made sense to me that they would be seriously interested from the beginning.

The draft pick compensation is fine.  Giving up a 3rd and a 5th for a guy like AB is a steal actually, even at age 31.  The problem is the money.  He's a 31 year old malcontent WR and we don't even know if our QB is a long-term answer or not.   No thanks to the scenario in a year from now where we are looking to reboot at QB and find ourselves stuck with a 32 year old guy we still owe $40M to.

IMO, it wouldn't be a stretch to say the fact we didn't make this deal happen is an indictment of the front office's opinion of MM.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Just to add onto this the offense wasn’t conservative until the last four or five games. 

This was true after the bye when MM was healthy too 

I think we all can agree that LaFleur did not do a good job last year and I don’t think Mariota struggling was the major reason for that. The guy overthought everything way too damn much. My biggest complaint was how long it would take for him to go away from things that were not working, such as running the ball up the middle almost every m’fing first down. The biggest comment I’ve taken away on Arthur Smith is Delanie (I believe) saying any time Smith would recommend something for the offense, it worked.

I think adding a Hockenson, Smith, or Fant might be more important than any other position. TE’s taking away a good coverage LB or Safety consistently opens the offense up. 

Edited by AvgJoe

21 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota was only healthy for a game and a half immediately after the bye. 

The closest thing to the offense the team wanted to run was from the eagles game through the 1st half of the pats game.  That’s when mariota was heathier.

also.. it’s during that time vrabel said he wants to run more.