Titans in on AB (Update: Traded to Raiders for 3rd & 5th)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would actually say the Demarrco Murray trade was huge for turning around the franchise. Did his legs fall off and his ability with it? Yeah, but that first year he really helped change the leadershi

I’m Antonio Brown’s burner account. 

Posted Images

I know the Raiders have the most to offer, but I still don’t understand why the hell they would make this move.  By the time the Raiders are in a position to compete Brown is 34 or 35.  They are much better off investing all that draft capital in rookies and let them grow together.  But Gruen.

i have always thought two teams that would make logical landing spots are the Seahawks and Eagles.  Not sure either one is in on the chase, or have enough capital to make a compelling offer, but they are two teams that are looking to get back over the hump and Brown might make enough of a difference for.  Titans kind of fit that boat as well, but obviously we are rumoured to be out now.

• TitansGuru changed the title to Titans in on AB (Update: Raiders emerging as the frontrunner?)

Since I'm bored....how about a thee-way trade scenario?

Titans first two picks (#19 and #51) have a draft chart value of 1265 points.

Raiders'  #27, #35, and #141 picks have a combined value of 1265 points....identical to the Titans.

Titans send #19 and #51 picks to Oakland.    Oakland sends #27 and #141 to the Titans and the #35 pick to Pittsburgh.    Steelers send AB to Tennessee.

• JRob effectively trades the #51 for AB, still has pick in round one, and picks up an extra 5th rounder.
  • Raiders jump eight spots in round one and still have three first-rounders (#4, #19, #24) and a mid-second (#51).
  • Steelers get a high 2nd round pick (#35) for AB.

4 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yeah, I’ve lost interest. I don’t care if we get him or someone else gets him. 

There is absolutely no indication we are still in the hunt, i'm only really interested to see what the trade/new contract details are, that will give us a pretty good idea how quickly JRob dropped his interest in acquiring AB.

I suspect the new contract is more an issue than the trade compensation.

3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yeah, I’ve lost interest. I don’t care if we get him or someone else gets him. 

Nah, it's not that you don't care if we get him. I mean, the excitement will return if we did. But if he doesn't want to be here then so be it.

But this isn't a situation where he's a free agent. AB doesn't have full control over where he goes as he's still under contract with the Steelers. No, he won't be back to Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh is going to hold this up as long as possible to get everything out of this situation that they can. If Oakland offers more than anyone else then it won't matter if Brown wants to go somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, nine said:

Since I'm bored....how about a thee-way trade scenario?

Titans first two picks (#19 and #51) have a draft chart value of 1265 points.

Raiders'  #27, #35, and #141 picks have a combined value of 1265 points....identical to the Titans.

Titans send #19 and #51 picks to Oakland.    Oakland sends #27 and #141 to the Titans and the #35 pick to Pittsburgh.    Steelers send AB to Tennessee.

• JRob effectively trades the #51 for AB, still has pick in round one, and picks up an extra 5th rounder.
  • Raiders jump eight spots in round one and still have three first-rounders (#4, #19, #24) and a mid-second (#51).
  • Steelers get a high 2nd round pick (#35) for AB.

It's too bad you aren't JRob and also the GM of both the Raiders and Steelers.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Nah, it's not that you don't care if we get him. I mean, the excitement will return if we did. But if he doesn't want to be here then so be it.

But this isn't a situation where he's a free agent. AB doesn't have full control over where he goes as he's still under contract with the Steelers. No, he won't be back to Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh is going to hold this up as long as possible to get everything out of this situation that they can. If Oakland offers more than anyone else then it won't matter if Brown wants to go somewhere else.

Actually, it probably won’t. Haha. My excitement period is over and it’s now filled with “well, I guess that’s nice” if we end up getting him. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

It's too bad you aren't JRob and also the GM of both the Raiders and Steelers.

Actually, I had kinda pictured myself in the JRob role..... @woolfolksunclesuncle as the Raiders GM.....and @ManningEnvy as the Steelers GM.

So what we're really talking about here is a three-way between me,  WU, and ME.   

THAT's what I call fantasy football.