Titans WRs: What happened to Chris Sanders?

Btowner

He came to my high school when I was a junior or senior. He basically told us how he forgot to put his name on his SAT and got the lowest possible score. Then he told us not to drop out even though my high school had a 99% graduation rate. Idk why he came honestly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we had josh evans come to my school and speak about his life and drug use and cleaning it up to be an NFL'r... then he got his 3rd failed Drug test suspension from the league like the next week. 

Board hands if I remember correctly. 

He wasn't a good route runner at all, a problem with a lot of the team's receivers back then. 

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

He came to my high school when I was a junior or senior. He basically told us how he forgot to put his name on his SAT and got the lowest possible score. Then he told us not to drop out even though my high school had a 99% graduation rate. Idk why he came honestly

we had josh evans come to my school and speak about his life and drug use and cleaning it up to be an NFL'r... then he got his 3rd failed Drug test suspension from the league like the next week. 

The biggest “What if?” WR we had, IMO, was Tyrone Calico.  He has made some huge strides from year one to two, but had his knees blown up by (was it?) Roy Williams via horsecoller tackle.  His career was ended via that tackle and he had been almost forgotten as being one of the players that caused the horsecoller tackle to become a flaggable offense.  I remember being at a preseason game and early on he was targeted in the endzone, and Calico made this super athletic catch over the CB while being able to drag his toes to stay in bounds.  

Once his career was in the can, the only other story I remember of him was when he banged that girl in the back of his car and was caught lol.  

Most of you probably don't remember this because it happened when they were in Houston but they were playing the Chiefs on a Sunday night game, the Oilers had 4th and forever late and had to go for it because there wasn't much time left and Chris Chandler threw a hail mary up that Sanders caught for a TD.  That's my Chris Sanders memory.

They somehow lost that game in regulation as they got the ball back, Todd McNair had a decent run and the Chiefs stripped him and returned it for a TD.  Does anyone remember that game or the Sanders play?

Here's my take. Chris Sanders was playing very well the first 2 years when Chris Chandler was throwing accurate passes to him. He had a habit of jumping for every ball regardless of whether or not it was needed, I found that annoying. He really liked Chandler's ball, usually a tight spiral and usually required little adjustment.

Once McNair took over, the balls were more off and McNair's ball had varying speed. Sanders never adjusted well especially the first 2 years of McNair under center, and developed a habit of dropping passes.

Edited by Tex in a Can

I remember that game.

Sanders also had a nice catch in the infamous McNair gane at Pittsburgh where he came off the bench (sternum injury) after O’Donnell got creamed to lead the Titans down the field.  Winning TD to Kinney.

Edited by BudAdams

57 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Most of you probably don't remember this because it happened when they were in Houston but they were playing the Chiefs on a Sunday night game, the Oilers had 4th and forever late and had to go for it because there wasn't much time left and Chris Chandler threw a hail mary up that Sanders caught for a TD.  That's my Chris Sanders memory.

They somehow lost that game in regulation as they got the ball back, Todd McNair had a decent run and the Chiefs stripped him and returned it for a TD.  Does anyone remember that game or the Sanders play?

Yes, I do. The Oilers were actually somewhat exciting that season. Chandler had a knack for big plays.

1 minute ago, kgsTitan said:

Yes, I do. The Oilers were actually somewhat exciting that season. Chandler had a knack for big plays.

They weren't a very good football team but I think that's the type of team that Fisher loved and also the type of team he'd take chances with.  

They also lost at home to Jacksonville in Jacksonville's first ever win.

Just now, scine09 said:

They weren't a very good football team but I think that's the type of team that Fisher loved and also the type of team he'd take chances with.  

They also lost at home to Jacksonville in Jacksonville's first ever win.

Yes, I was at that Jacksonville game. That was just a bizarre time to be a fan.

Just now, kgsTitan said:

Yes, I was at that Jacksonville game. That was just a bizarre time to be a fan.

They had a lot of ridiculous losses in their last 3 years there.

The most bizarre one had to be the one at Seattle their final year there when the game winning FG attempt was blocked and Seattle returned it for a TD to win it.  

10 hours ago, scine09 said:

Yes, this blown game and the Seahawks game with the blocked FG as time expired comes to mind

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Didn't Rodney Thomas break a crazy long run that game as well.

That was a Denver game in the Astrodome. I was there. He had like a 76(?)yder and they called it a TD but he was honestly short. 

Sanders caught 3 TDs in that game as well.