Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmeallen

Brickwallblitz on Twitter is reviewing Mariota’s whole season.

Recommended Posts

reo   
44 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

It's crazy how much separation the receivers were getting on these plays.  Nobody questions his ability under these circumstances.  But he freezes when more anticipation and precision are required.

Wtf are you watching? There was separation in 1 of those throws posted and that was against zone.

 

 

 

Edited by reo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   

I think most people recognize Mariota has the ability to make good reads and throws.  He has shown it but way too many people focus on the highlight plays and completely ignore the times where he doesn't do that either through poor footwork/mechanics or hesitating to throw it. Injuries aside, the biggest problem with Mariota is that he's inconsistent in these areas, sometimes from one play to the next but more often from one game to another. 

 

There's a reason why he has a 109 Passer Rating with 63 TD and 14 INT for 26 games (45%) where he throws 2 or more TD's and then a 69 Passer rating with 10 TD and 29 INT for the other 32 games (55%) where he throws for 1 or 0. 

 

A fair assessment would be to go play by play like the coaches and scouts do, not a 17 play highlight reel because his biggest problem is INCONSISTENCY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   

Did Paul mention not having Walker and Mathews plus nerve injured QB since week one. Or how about the worst Oline and running game in the league while learning a new offense for half the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
1 hour ago, reo said:

 

Never noticed he looked off the safety here.

 

The different camera angles give you a better idea of what the QB is realy doing in the pocket much better then the ones we get on TV for the most part.

Edited by Huston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Did Paul mention not having Walker and Mathews plus nerve injured QB since week one. Or how about the worst Oline and running game in the league while learning a new offense for half the season.

What about 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...