When You Really Think About It, Is Corey Davis The Only WR That Is Guaranteed A Roster Spot

BeedoeLaw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine with Taylor and Sharpe being on the team, but hopefully it's as the #4 and #5 WRs.

Everyone see this?   These two teams threw the ball very little relative to the league. They had almost identical drops yet Wilson had 35 TDs   Does anyone need me to explain the d

Sharpe and Taylor will be on the team.  Before Sharpe got hurt he was very reliable.  And Taylor still offers something that the others don’t.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Its like that on most teams. Even teams with 2 great recivers never keep them both around forever.

Most teams have at least a receiver that is not replaceable due to upside. I would argue that we don't even really have that.

Although he is frustratingly inconsistent Taywan Taylor is going to be on this roster next season, at only 24y/o and only costing $1 million against the cap his athletic traits will earn him another season as a Titan, it is up to him to prove he can cut out the mental mistakes of running the wrong routes and those really bad concentration drops.

Tajae Sharpe's roster spot is in real danger, his poor production combined with the fact he doesn't play special teams makes him expendable.

Regarding Antonio Brown, no way JRob brings that circus to Nashville, the first game he didn't get 10+ targets he would throw a hissy fit and walk out on the team, some other franchise can deal with that.

1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Most teams have at least a receiver that is not replaceable due to upside. I would argue that we don't even really have that.

Taywan averaged 3.2 yards of separation/target and had a 66% catch rate.  If that doesn't signify upside, I'm not sure what does.  

15 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Regarding Antonio Brown, no way JRob brings that circus to Nashville, the first game he didn't get 10+ targets he would throw a hissy fit and walk out on the team, some other franchise can deal with that.

Nashville is not big enough to fit his head or his "big chest."

The Titans don't run the kind of offense suited for him anyway.  I think Taylor is the best #3 we are going to get because of his familiarity with everything, replacing them all is too much change.  I don't have anyone in mind, but there are always guys out there for one reason or another who can catch well thrown balls.  Money?  IDK.

Edited by Number9

I see Sharpe, Taylor, and Davis all on the roster. Batson and Jennings might have a harder time. Jennings probably gets the edge because of special teams but both are expendable. We probably sign one WR and draft one in the first 3 rounds. I don’t see us trading for brown but I think his character flaws are way overblown so I would be pretty stoked if they did trade for him.