Sign in to follow this  
IsntLifeFunny

Question

'Nator   
Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Wait, funny or conservative, because she certainly isn’t the former. 

Conservative. I think she used to be funny, she is just kinda a one trick pony, so she was done after 2 specials. 

She had a lot of good writers on her show, which some said was pretty good. 

MadMax   
7 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

No. Check out the insufferably unfunny Steven Crowder-- or actually don't. He's a fuckin mammoth douche. 

Dennis Miller was great until 911 happened and he became a Fox News shill. Believe it or not, I actually don't give too much of a shit what political persuasion my favorite entertainers are so I continued to watch his specials. He just isn't funny now as a conservative. 

Yeah, I loved Dennis before GWB.  He got kind of snarky after that.  

5 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

No. Check out the insufferably unfunny Steven Crowder-- or actually don't. He's a fuckin mammoth douche. 

Dennis Miller was great until 911 happened and he became a Fox News shill. Believe it or not, I actually don't give too much of a shit what political persuasion my favorite entertainers are so I continued to watch his specials. He just isn't funny now as a conservative. 

It’s an interesting phenomenon to say the least. It’s like you give up your funny card the moment you turn Republican. 

T-RAC   
6 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Nah, also not a conservative. 

Nah to the funny? I think he's funny. Well, not everything I've seen but a lot of it. He's certainly one of the more unique comics out there.

As far as his politics, you might be right. He often claims to be apolitical or uninformed. Although, he threatened to renounce his Canadian citizenship if Canada didn't join in the Iraq War after 9/11 and he's also stated that he thinks Ronald Reagan is the greatest US president.

'Nator   
1 minute ago, T-RAC said:

Nah to the funny? I think he's funny. Well, not everything I've seen but a lot of it. He's certainly one of the more unique comics out there.

As far as his politics, you might be right. He often claims to be apolitical or uninformed. Although, he threatened to renounce his Canadian citizenship if Canada didn't join in the Iraq War after 9/11 and he's also stated that he thinks Ronald Reagan is the greatest US president.

Norm  is one of the greatest comics of his era! 

He isn't particularly political, and has opinions that likely span each party line (like a lot of Americans) but it is a reach to call him a conservative comedian. 

chef   

Let's up the ante:

Find me a funny conservative German woman (non-Jewish).

[Holy crap! While typing that, just realized I more or less described my Ex... no wonder that turned into a big pile of dog poo]

Someone once asked me why Germans just weren't funny.  I said, well, when you Holocaust out all the funny people, that's the end result. On the bright side, we got not only Einstein/Oppenheimer/Teller/Frisch/Bloch/Fermi (married to a Jewish woman) outta the deal, but the backbone of American comedy from the Catskills to Hollywood.  Extremely underestimated the effect Hitler and Co. had on the US in terms of talent surge from Europe that fled to US.  

OILERMAN   
18 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Does anyone know a conservative with a good sense of humor? 

Fox actually tried to counter The daily show and Colbert when those shows started getting so popular.

It was God awful and not funny at all

pamo9   

What about the comic that " ratted out" Al Franken for basically nothing and forced him out of the Senate

I’m still waiting for one. I can’t think of a good joke on this board from a Republican since I’ve been here. Anyone got anything. We are reaching epidemic status if not a single person can come up with a single person who at least has a sense of humor.