Tucker Carlson having a breakdown

T-RAC

3 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Wow that dude was cold blooded. It seemed like he exerted about the same amount of brain power and energy as wiping one's nose, and he dominated the interviewer.

I had already seen him speak at Davos and his Ted Talk. It's easy to defeat bullshit propaganda when you have facts and the truth on your side.

The mistake Carlson made was trying to pretend he was agreeing with the guy and the guy exposed him and didn't let him get away with it. 

Fox has a bunch of uniformed sheep watching and usually puts on idiots and uses them as punching bags. They made an error putting this guy on, of course they just simply didn't show it. 

7 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

This so called "historian" makes the same lame libtard arguments. The marginal tax rates were much higher in the 50s and 60s ad nausea. Sure but there were loop holes out the ass back in nobody actually paid those rates.

But what they paid is probably a lot higher % wise than now?

How are higher taxes a "solution" to anything? You can be against tax cuts that is fine but if we increased taxes 20% the idiots in Washington(both parties) would increase spending 23%. 

This may be so, but that 20% increase comes along with increased services etc. If they're going to spend 3% over budget, why not add 20% more? more gross Government wastage, yes, but also more useful spending. Spending over the budget seems like a separate issue.

How is this "historian" such a genius? He argues that Fox commentators are all millionaires and that is why they are against higher taxes for the rich. So the commentators for CNN and MSNBC are not millionaires?

Why is "historian" in quotes, should his credentials be questioned?

I could be wrong but, I dunno, this guy seems like he'd take it to a CNN or MSNBC interviewer as well if relevant. I think his particular distaste with FOX News is their bandwagoning on the issue and obvious hypocrisies.

4 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

He was a single issue moron. the rich should pay higher taxes. Wow that's original. Never heard of that before.

I don't get it, MSM (of which FOX News is basically king despite its desperation to avoid the tag) and the interests of those who run it (billionaires) seems exactly what the US voters railed against (at least in principal, obvious not practice) in 2016. Shouldn't this guy be seen as a champion? But now's he's a moron, the exact insult Carlson used while panicking BTW? I get he said a bad thing about Trump and he sounded an awful lot like a lefty, but sometimes ideas and truths transcend political lines.

Obviously FOX agrees, or agreed, he was a champion, by trying to tap into his momentum from Davos. We all know what a FOX interviewer sounds like when their agenda is to shoot down a guest, Carlson was like a fanboy before the penny dropped.

7 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Some tax facts...

The top 1% pay 38% of income taxes and the top 10% pay 70% of income taxes. 47% do not pay any income taxes at all. I seriously doubt if the distribution was better in the 1950s. Among that 47% who pay no income taxes 30% get free money from the government through the earned income tax credit. 

What more do you people want?

Every Republican tax cut, Reagan-Bush-Trump had taken people off the income tax rolls. Every democrat tax increase has increased excise taxes which are not progressive at all. If Bill Gates buys a gallon of gas or a 12 pack of beer he would pay the same tax that any of us would pay and dems love increasing those taxes because they are hidden in the price. 

Income tax receipts make up less than half of total revenues:

12-6-18healthf1.png

9 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Give examples. I did not trash European people. I did not say their countries are shit. I simply asked why they are so concerned about how we tax our citizens. It makes no difference to them. 

Besides the last two posts where you have been respectful you are usually ranting. Try being conscientious of it every once in a while. Make a good joke a time or 2. And then call people retards. It’s much more fun that way, and you will get your points across more often. Just a thought. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

The idea of wealth taxes and higher death taxes are an abomination. 

To the wealthy and to conservatives who have had the taxation is evil ideology pounded into them. With the high estate tax exemptions and the many ways to avoid remaining estate taxes, you have to have really bad accountants to lose a major part of an estate to taxation.

8 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

There are not enough billionaires to pay for all the shit people want. There is this lie out there that of we just get the rich to pay their fair share we can all sit on our asses and never work and get free shit. It is a lie. . 

I don't think that's the real driver for change on this front.