I think President Trump is likely not guilty of much

9 Nines

He might be guilty of obstruction of justice but I think that will be excused because of his ultra-sensitive personalty. That is also the reason that he is acting as you would think a guilty person would act but instead of covering up anything; he simply lashes out at even the vaguest critique and is not comfortable unless everyone is cheering him. 

Edited by 9 Nines

I just think something would have been done by now if there was evidence of anything.  I just do not think that the special counsel would just sit back, with no attempt to get Congress to remove him, if it had evidence. 

24 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

I just think something would have been done by now if there was evidence of anything.  I just do not think that the special counsel would just sit back, with no attempt to get Congress to remove him, if it had evidence. 

I think the opposite— they wouldn’t let it go this far unless it was serious. They need for everything to be air tight before releasing.

Remember how long Watergate took. 

Based on the current trends of events showcasing each side's hypocrisy, I think it will be clear had a lesser figure engaged in the same activity, repercussions may have been different.

Ultimately it's probably better for the US if nothing too ground breaking comes out of it all as a large portion will simply not accept it regardless and that will only further escalate tensions. This isn't even a Trump fan criticism as the environment is such now that every major political figure would have a similar blind following and they'd all probably do the same.

If it does just the right amount of damage to cement 2020 as Trump's last year then I think that's the best outcome.

Edited by OzTitan

1 minute ago, 'Nator said:

I think the opposite— they wouldn’t let it go this far unless it was serious. They need for everything to be air tight before releasing.

Remember how long Watergate took. 

I used to think that but it could just be investigating Russia involvement, absent any conspiracy with Trump. 

8 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

I used to think that but it could just be investigating Russia involvement, absent any conspiracy with Trump. 

Trump wouldn't be obstructing this hard if he was innocent 

The key is going to be how effective his obstruction is and whether the results of Mueller's findings can get Republicans to act. 

He'd still face trouble if he loses the 2020 election. Once he's no longer president the Republicans will have no use to cover for him. 

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trump wouldn't be obstructing this hard if he was innocent 

He cannot handle anyone not admiring him, much less being critical of him or investigating something related to him.  I think he would lash out, as he is doing, just because of that. 

Edited by 9 Nines