Sign in to follow this  
SleepingTitan

Apex Legends

9 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Isn’t it basically Fortnite/pub g but in the titanfall universe?

It's very different. More of a true shooter, forced squads and they have different classes. Lots of weapons and you upgrade them over the match. A few good tweaks to gameplay that really work.

But I fucking hate it.

5 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

It's very different. More of a true shooter, forced squads and they have different classes. Lots of weapons and you upgrade them over the match. A few good tweaks to gameplay that really work.

But I fucking hate it.

I might give it a shot. I’m on game overload right now between red dead, Zelda, smash bros, and super Mario odyssey 

5 hours ago, WG53 said:

It's better than fortnite.

My only beef with Fortnite is that I mainly play on the switch. When you play switch you always get put in the PC lobby and that is a huge mismatch. I’m of the belief that PC players shouldn’t be able to cross platform because they are at such an advantage when it comes to building. Almost every solo match turns into a build god fight when it gets down to 5 or so people, and it’s impossible to keep up with a pc player who can set hot keys to build vs using a console controller.

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I might give it a shot. I’m on game overload right now between red dead, Zelda, smash bros, and super Mario odyssey 

My only beef with Fortnite is that I mainly play on the switch. When you play switch you always get put in the PC lobby and that is a huge mismatch. I’m of the belief that PC players shouldn’t be able to cross platform because they are at such an advantage when it comes to building. Almost every solo match turns into a build god fight when it gets down to 5 or so people, and it’s impossible to keep up with a pc player who can set hot keys to build vs using a console controller.

You're at least using Builder Pro, right?

16 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Yeah I am. I do need to get a pro controller though. I have a pro grip for the joycons but it’s not the same.

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah I am. I do need to get a pro controller though. I have a pro grip for the joycons but it’s not the same.

Keep working at it and one day you can play waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many hours and sometimes win, like me.

Jonboy   
6 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

4 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Wait, why does Switch go against PC lobbies? 

If you're doing solos, I'm pretty sure it's Switch players only.

Stranger   

I don't enjoy the building aspect of Fortnite at all. 

I don't enjoy that you have to play in a squad to hope to win in Apex.  

I've never won in Fortnite but have placed 2nd numerous times. 

I've won Apex once while getting the final kill in a pretty cool moment, but haven't come close since. 

If/when Apex Legends introduces solo mode, I think I'll like it a lot better. The one game I won was with a team that actually played like one. Everyone else I get paired up with always run off and get killed after a few minutes. 

MadMax   
49 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I've won Apex once while getting the final kill in a pretty cool moment, but haven't come close since. 

If/when Apex Legends introduces solo mode, I think I'll like it a lot better. The one game I won was with a team that actually played like one. Everyone else I get paired up with always run off and get killed after a few minutes. 

I hate the building aspect.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:23 AM, Jamalisms said:

But I fucking hate it.

Tougher to get wins. I like the skill gap. Once you find your settings and get the flow down, easy to wreck people. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:21 PM, Stranger said:

Most of my Apex wins are with randoms, oddly enough. All I really need people to do is stay near me, call shit out, and pick me up if I can only get 2 of the people. 

Fortnite was pretty fun, but the building got out of hand. I'm alright building if I'm not shit faced, but people drop Taj Mahal now at the sound of gunfire and repair walls until it becomes an edit fight. Not my cup of tea.

Apex has a balance. You can't say it's a twitch shooter because it requires strategy and plays. If you run at people without a backup plan or proper usage of equipment like you're playing COD, you'll get wrecked. But if you play like a bitch, you'll also get wrecked.