According to Matt Miller the Titans absolute love Mississippi St DT Jeffery Simmons

AussieTitanFan08

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I like Adoree and I think he'll continue to grow into a good corner. Although he's no world beater. 

But get his ass off punt returns already. Jesus. 

Holy fuck. Why are these coaches still looking at his college tape thinking he is even adequate at the job..... Not only does it potentially get him hurt, he's just straight up bad at it

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Adoree and I think he'll continue to grow into a good corner. Although he's no world beater.    But get his ass off punt returns already. Jesus. 

I wish they would have taken O.J. Howard over Jackson

This piece of information from Matt Miller on today's Stick to Football Podcast comes as a big surprise, apparently it was "the worst kept secret in the scouting community" that the Titans absolutely

21 hours ago, ctm said:

I think for Ford to fall to the Titans, Andre Dillard needs to rise and be taken ahead of us.

Dillard is a tough one. I'm personally not a big fan, but a lot of people love his athleticism. I think Ford blows him away, even if he's moved to guard. His combination of play strength & movement is very rare.

Him & Jawaan Taylor have size/power/length/movement packages that are very rare.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:15 PM, Number9 said:

21 hours ago, Callidus said:

I usually hate kids with these incidents.  But I don't really care much in this case. 

If you f*ck with my family, you f*ck with me.  That's my philosophy as well.  Hitting a woman is wrong.  But I'm seeing red when someone, of any gender, mentions a recently deceased family member and fights my sibling. 

J Rob is a family man, he gets that.  Simmons strikes me as a decent human being with a very poor, emotional moment of judgement.  But not one that any protective family member wouldn't replicate.

It happened when he was a teenager.  It's over.  He has gobs of talent and he's done absolutely nothing else to suggest that he's a bad human being.  

Edited by abc2330

21 hours ago, Number9 said:

I like Noah Fant.  He could bulk up a little to improve his blocking, but teams are going to start running more two TE sets and he has the ability to make big plays.  The DL prospects are really deep, so there will probably be too much value to pass up. Fants' 6'4" and could be make a great tandem with Jonnu when Delaine leaves.  

I like Fant. 

I would love to see us take Ford at OG at 19, and Harmon/Campbell in round 2 at WR followed by Simmons at DT in round 3

Rounds 1-2 are going to be OL, DL, LB, S, and TE heavy. You will see a run on RBs in late 2 thru mid 3 with a handful of QB

Edited by Kyle021

20 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea sure, this is the way over the top optimistic view of the CB trio

Jackson is a scrub as a return man and a streaky up and down CB. Butler was bumped down to the 3rd spot. 

Jackson could blow a midget on the sidelines when they ask him to catch a punt for all i care. He is a top 30 cover man in his first couple seasons and that is all you can ask for. logan is legit. Butler got demoted but he turned his season around. I say alot of stupid shit, but if you cant see our top 3 cornors would be welcome as starters on most teams your just being an ass.

16 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You should quit with that over the top fawning over the guy, he is easily worth the pick and has gotten much better as he gets more experience but LOL at that praise

he is not a shutdown cb and i did not say he was. But he is a solid corner you could trust. Idk why anytime some1 gets any praise on here you are automatically some homer who is overreacting about our players abilities.

Edited by Callidus

2 hours ago, Callidus said:

he is not a shutdown cb and i did not say he was. But he is a solid corner you could trust. Idk why anytime some1 gets any praise on here you are automatically some homer who is overreacting about our players abilities.

You gotta remember wisco likes to play contrarian on the site. 

Adoree isnt some elite, all-world corner, but he is very good and has improved as a corner. 

The more I think about this and read that Simmons is still expected to go in the first - the more I think we could take Simmons at 19. 

It's not what I would have thought but who knows. 

*If* they love Simmons (highly questionable premise for obvious reasons), they may actually be happy if they were hoping he'd fall to them. I doubt they'd let a couple months of missed in-season time keep them from picking him if they are already comfortable with the off field stuff. 

He'll have all offseason to recover and rookies rarely produce early anyway. He'd probably be ready to go by November. He'd need another offseason to regain form but it could be worth it if they have him really highly rated on the draft board. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

The more I think about this and read that Simmons is still expected to go in the first - the more I think we could take Simmons at 19. 

It's not what I would have thought but who knows. 

*If* they love Simmons (highly questionable premise for obvious reasons), they may actually be happy if they were hoping he'd fall to them. I doubt they'd let a couple months of missed in-season time keep them from picking him if they are already comfortable with the off field stuff. 

He'll have all offseason to recover and rookies rarely produce early anyway. He'd probably be ready to go by November. He'd need another offseason to regain form but it could be worth it if they have him really highly rated on the draft board. 

Plus Corey Davis and Rashaan Evans had injuries during their draft offseason and couldnt workout. Jrob isnt afraid to draft an injured player high. 

Regarding the incident in high school - I know this will open a can of worms, but I thought this was a domestic violence incident in terms of him punching his girlfriend or something. 

Apparently he was intervening in a dispute between his sister and another adult woman amidst a large group of people. This is more similar to the Kareem Hunt situation (although probably less horrible overall since that involved a sexual situation with teenagers in a hotel room) than to a true domestic violence situation involving domestic partner abuse. 

It's a horrible incident and what he did is horrible, whether he was in high school or not. Obviously a male should never assault a woman (or vice versa) in any situation, there's no excuse for it. 

But it's important to understand the context of this situation. He was caught on video as a teenager beating a woman who was already down, in defense of a family member. Obviously he lost his mind/temper as an adolescent high schooler. This was a huge mistake. But this was not a true "domestic violence" situation. It was a violence against a woman situation in the midst of a public fruckus involving his sister. 

Again, there's no excuse for it - it's horrible, but this is not a Ray Rice level situation at hand. 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Regarding the incident in high school - I know this will open a can of worms, but I thought this was a domestic violence incident in terms of him punching his girlfriend or something. 

Apparently he was intervening in a dispute between his sister and another adult woman amidst a large group of people. This is more similar to the Kareem Hunt situation (although probably less horrible overall since that involved a sexual situation with teenagers in a hotel room) than to a true domestic violence situation involving domestic partner abuse. 

It's a horrible incident and what he did is horrible, whether he was in high school or not. Obviously a male should never assault a woman (or vice versa) in any situation, there's no excuse for it. 

But it's important to understand the context of this situation. He was caught on video as a teenager beating a woman who was already down, in defense of a family member. Obviously he lost his mind/temper as an adolescent high schooler. This was a huge mistake. But this was not a true "domestic violence" situation. It was a violence against a woman situation in the midst of a public fruckus involving his sister. 

Again, there's no excuse for it - it's horrible, but this is not a Ray Rice level situation at hand. 

He's had some time to reflect and change his character since then. We all make some questionable choices when we're kids. To me, this isn't as bad as throwing a woman down the stairs or any DV or assault as an adult. You can't slap your wife on Friday and run for Mayor on Monday. You can't skip the remorse, restitution, remediation steps. His coaches say he's done that. He's gone through those motions. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/27902/film-and-history-are-best-guides-for-titans-in-grading-injured-prospects

Robinson has selected a player without seeing him take part in pre-draft workouts in the past. He traded up to No. 5 overall in the 2017 draft and took Corey Davis despite not having any combine or pro day workout to use in the evaluation process. Vrabel said that experience could come into play when evaluating Brown and Simmons.

Vrabel said he won't count out players who have off-the-field issues in their backgrounds.

"We all make mistakes. That's the first thing. Things are going to happen," Vrabel said. "Is it a mistake or is he a bad person? If it's a mistake, you try to fix the mistake. If the guy is a bad guy, then you move on."

Simmons hasn't had any other off-the-field issues and, according to Mississippi State defensive-line coach Brian Baker, has evolved into a leader during his time in college.