NashvilleNinja

That Jussie Smollett thing

2 hours ago, reo said:

And this ^^ is what happens.

It's not politics but certain groups decide it's a way to promote divisions and spam it relentlessly until its in the forefront of the news. At that point political figures comment on it. And then that becomes news and is further used to divide people.

This isn't a political topic and its not really controversial. 

The real story here imo is the spamming of propaganda. I'm all for discussion. I'm all for different views. I'm not for trolling or propaganda. Tux only spews forth trolling and propaganda. I'd support banning him.

Fwiw, I'm not Tux and I had considered posting about this a couple days ago. The fact Tux used it to spam the board doesn't take away from the news story. I mean, it's not like Breitbart and The Blaze are the only ones reporting about this. It's on CNN too.

As for Tux... why don't you have him on ignore?

reo   
15 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Fwiw, I'm not Tux and I had considered posting about this a couple days ago. The fact Tux used it to spam the board doesn't take away from the news story. I mean, it's not like Breitbart and The Blaze are the only ones reporting about this. It's on CNN too.

As for Tux... why don't you have him on ignore?

I don't care that its posted. Its news. It's that it's being specifically used as propaganda thats the issue combined with his history of just posting propaganda. 

I don't have him on ignore bc his stuff doesn't affect me. I can ignore it. Him needing to be banned isn't about me.

It's about doing something to fight the propaganda instead of just ignoring it. We're not helping things by letting people spew propaganda on this board. We are currently helping Russian propaganda spread on the internet by giving it a haven to do so. Conversation and disagreement is fine. Ban the trolls who have no interest in that conversation. 

It's no different than Facebook or Twitter needing to ban bots and trolls 

Edited by reo

OzTitan   

Luckily Google wouldn't rank Tux's posts here given they're largely not original content but it's not entirely far fetched for TR to come back in searches for far right propaganda terms and who knows what quality posters that might bring to the site.

Just pointing out how letting this stuff run riot could impact TR as whole. If it hasn't yet it probably won't, but in many ways websites are what they eat when it comes to this sort of stuff and TR has a not insignificant diet of pizzagate grade quality postings. 

reo   
9 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Luckily Google wouldn't rank Tux's posts here given they're largely not original content but it's not entirely far fetched for TR to come back in searches for far right propaganda terms and who knows what quality posters that might bring to the site.

Just pointing out how letting this stuff run riot could impact TR as whole. If it hasn't yet it probably won't, but in many ways websites are what they eat when it comes to this sort of stuff and TR has a not insignificant diet of pizzagate grade quality postings. 

Its not really just about TR either.

The US is currently being targeted by a propaganda campaign. We are currently allowing that propaganda a haven to be spread. That imo needs to stop.

reo   
Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Look at all these butt hurt liberals/Trump haters navigating away from the story to focus on Tux.

Lmao. Love it. 

There is no story. If he was targeted then those that targeted him should be prosecuted. If he organized it then he should be prosecuted. People commenting on the story before the full story was out isn't really an issue. It happens. 

Just now, reo said:

The US is currently being targeted by a propaganda campaign. We are currently allowing that propaganda a haven to be spread. That imo needs to stop.

What propaganda exactly?

The same propaganda that is connected to Russia collusion, Kavanuagh rape, racist Covington students, staged Smollett attack? That propaganda?

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, reo said:

There is no story. If he was targeted then those that targeted him should be prosecuted. If he organized it then he should be prosecuted. People commenting on the story before the full story was out isn't really an issue. It happens. 

Happens all too frequently with the left. They cant wait to spread and eat up fake news. 

Its endless. 

And this coming from the guy who just said...

The US is currently being targeted by a propaganda campaign. We are currently allowing that propaganda a haven to be spread. That imo needs to stop

Lol

Edited by JakePA_Titan

reo   
3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Happens all too frequently with the left. They cant wait to spread and eat up fake news. 

Its endless. 

And this coming from the guy who just said...

Lol

And this is why its propaganda and not just news. 

No one is really talking about the story itself. It's being used to further discredit the media and as some political point against the left when this has nothing to do with politics. 

OzTitan   
21 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Look at all these butt hurt liberals/Trump haters navigating away from the story to focus on Tux.

Lmao. Love it. 

People have commented on it but it's not a very interesting story. It's about Tux because the OP of this thread is about his posts.

OzTitan   

As far as the media angle goes. Let's be real, it's easy to trick media on all sides into reporting faked things. It's systemic of media's desire to report things first and is not restricted to any type of media now everything is online or 24/7 on TV.

If you want to segment based on MSM and not, then sure it's going to be more obvious when a major news outlet does it compared to a random blog that isn't under scrutiny by anyone independent.

Rolltide   
1 hour ago, ben4titans said:

Jussie will be charged with a hate crime now, right?

Of course not. Expect humanitarian awards instead. Hating whitey is progressive.