Kaepernick highest paid QB, per game, in NFL history

9 Nines

19 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I struggle a bit with the idea that he's a hero. I 100 percent agree with what he kneels for, but he's a fucking moron who would get trounced in a serious debate about race issues. So, what we have is basically a mascot and figurehead that has sparked conversation and brought public awareness to serious issues and the real heroes behind the scenes that don't have a national platform because they don't make millions of dollars playing a child's game (badly.) Some days I think that he's a hero for raising awareness, then other days I think that he's a cowardly moron for actively avoiding the limelight now that he could get a primetime interview on any national network and really educate people on racial issues. I can't decide if he's presently more interested in continuing the fight for change or milking and profiting from the perception that he's a civil rights martyr.

1st bold:  Why do you say that?  Have you heard/read him regarding this?

2nd bold:  Are there known offers for him to do these interviews?

3rd bold:  Are his "present" actions known to the public for you to give proper criticism?

4 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

1st bold:  Why do you say that?  Have you heard/read him regarding this?

2nd bold:  Are there known offers for him to do these interviews?

3rd bold:  Are his "present" actions known to the public for you to give proper criticism?

1st bold: Yes.

2nd bold: Probably.

3rd bold: Of course.

15 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I struggle a bit with the idea that he's a hero. I 100 percent agree with what he kneels for, but he's a fucking moron who would get trounced in a serious debate about race issues. So, what we have is basically a mascot and figurehead that has sparked conversation and brought public awareness to serious issues and the real heroes behind the scenes that don't have a national platform because they don't make millions of dollars playing a child's game (badly.) Some days I think that he's a hero for raising awareness, then other days I think that he's a cowardly moron for actively avoiding the limelight now that he could get a primetime interview on any national network and really educate people on racial issues. I can't decide if he's presently more interested in continuing the fight for change or milking and profiting from the perception that he's a civil rights martyr.

Hero?  He's a hero for giving up his football career for what he believed in.  Is he a moron?  He's a football player, so in a serious debate he probably is.  He's an aberration.  When this started, I think he was just kneeling.  A lot of other players did the same.  Marshawn Lynch had been sitting on the bench for years.  The NFL media and the national media made Kaep a symbol.  If they had just kept the camera on the flag and whoever sang the anthem that would have continued to just be a gesture. Kaep was an error in judgement.  

A lot of you guys are pretty young, so I don't know if you understand how Dr. Martin Luther King became a national leader.  The media made him.  During his time as the so-called leader of a race of people, the government didn't understand the media and its power.  So, King was a very smart, articulate and charismatic leader who the media went to for opinions about anything happening to brown skin Americans.  Like Kaep, he became a spearhead of the civil right movement and an error in judgement.  After his death, the media was told not to do that again.

To better describe what I am saying, the Vietnam was was televised.  Everyday the media covered the war.  The level of sophistication of distributing information had advanced past the current level of censorship.  The evening news showed caskets of all the slain soldiers each day as they were returned for burial.  They also let the media show all the fighting in Vietnam they could capture.  An error in judgement was made.  The Gulf War was not open to the media.  They didn't show the bloody blown-off legs of the troops or the caskets.

So, Kaep was just a mistake.  He's nothing special.  He wasn't a leader of the fight against excessive force used against people of color.  They have plenty of very articulate, extremely capable people leading who can speak.  You won't see them on the TV.

The fact that the Nation's war song is played during week 4 of the Jags vs. the Raiders with fighter jets flying overhead is fucking dumb. Period. 

And I like the National Anthem. It shouldn't be played before every regular season sporting event. There's no sense in it. No one is going to forget what country they are in. It would make some sense if different countries were playing each other. During the Olympics for example, it makes sense. 

It's fuckin' dumb and this shouldn't be a controversial opinion.

Edited by 'Nator